Redid our promo page.

To: ALL1 of 16
Redid our promos page. Made it easier to maintain and it follows the styles better too, plus I added our top 10 forums for the previous month to it.

Here are a few screen shots. This isn't all our styles.
Angelic Innocents
Beehive Default
Blue Rose
Butterflies
Cozy Kitchen
Feeling Green
Pretty Pastels
Red Miasma
Red Roses

What do you think?
Message 41418.2 was deleted
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 3 of 16
I remember GoJabber. I loved that place! I hate FB!

I offered help with GJ's server bills to keep it going when it was in trouble, but never got a response. My finances were better then. At one point, I even offered GJ a place on our server, and when I received no response to it, I offered to take any forums wanting to stay open. No one ever responded to any of our offers. I don't know if they just didn't get them, lost heart, or what happened. I never heard anything.

It broke my heart to see the place slip away. It was because of GJ I got the idea of doing our own hosting site. They were using some other software then, and I preferred Beehive. So I went with it for Netutopia Forums. It was our first site many years ago.

Then, one day misfortune lead to it's demise from forces beyond a website owner's control. A big company bought a smaller one for real estate and equipment, not customers, which left every website hosted by the smaller company gone, including the backups.

Next came HanginOutForms.org, which is still around. We did have .com as well, until my old man screwed up in a dashboard and accidentally sold it. He's banned from all control panels now. Love him. Yes. Trust him near them again. No. lol

We've 27 forums and 317 members to date, and slowly growing. We don't really advertise. Probably part of why were still small, but I'd rather be small and have a good place for people than be big and not care about the members. Like some places you see on the net. They're all about profit and to the sands with everything else. We're non-profit and created by people for people. As long as the bills get paid and we can have a nice place for those who want to be there, we're happy. :)

Our biggest handicap is the technical side of things. If not for Matt, and his help, I doubt we'd still be around. I'm learning, but it's slow. I look forward to the day when I know enough to be able to really help with Beehive and Ajax Chat. They work so wonderfully together. I'd love to see them become completely integrated as one system. They compliment each so well. Our members love them together.

You'll have to visit us some time. We've modified the CSS layout, mostly things like border boxes and some specific tags like forums_border and forums_box, but it's still Beehive. :)

EDITED: 4 Mar 2015 01:10 by CYBATRON
Message 41418.4 was deleted
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 5 of 16
http://www.hanginoutforums.org and the forums are at http://www.hoforums.hanginoutforums.org

Well, I wasn't sure what all was going on with no one responding to anything. I'm glad at least some of them were able to save their forums before everything went bust on them.

I often wondered what happened to Mark and Mary. When they were there, they seemed like really nice people. I wouldn't mind running across them again. :)
Message 41418.6 was deleted
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 7 of 16
It does seem to go that way. When a place shuts down, everyone drifts.

I'm hoping our site grows and stays around for many many years. People need a place more worried about people than what it can get out of them all the time. A lot of the pay sites could care less about the people, until they want money.

We've actually been getting a good number of new members from Delphi lately. More than usual. Apparently this Zeta thing they're pushing is really ticking a lot of people off.

I saw one of those forums. I can see why people are calling them a Facebook knockoff. They're hideous!

I hope to the heavens that Matt never decides to take Beehive that route.
EDITED: 5 Mar 2015 10:09 by CYBATRON
Message 41418.8 was deleted
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 9 of 16
I hear rumors of their next big venture being charging people for different services to be connected and usable with their forums.

The biggest complaint so far is if they want chat, they're going to have to pay for it, aside from what they already pay for their services. Another one is that the people who get chat, if they want a chat bot, they'll have to pay for it too.

There was also something about tiered pricing for different things.

There is a lot of gossip floating around. I'm not sure just what to believe of everything I've been hearing, but some of it does sound like something they would do.
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 10 of 16
You do know that delphi's pricing model is the reason beehive exists, right?
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 Mar 2015 08:51
To: koswix 11 of 16
For some reason, voting buttons no workee, otherwise I'd have upped you (nj)
EDITED: 7 Mar 2015 08:51 by MR_BASTARD
To: koswix 12 of 16
 :-D
To: koswix 13 of 16
No I didn't.

So, as usual, DF did it to itself. Again. lol
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 14 of 16
When they started to charge for basic features, Matt and a few other members of Not The PC Format Forum on Delhi made Beehive.
Message 41418.15 was deleted
To: Al JunioR (53NORTH) 16 of 16
We don't talk about Webvelosix round here.