Ouch!!!!

To: ALL1 of 68
So Sunday I decided to clean the gutters before it started raining.  I got my ladder & leaf blower and started to climb.  I got to the top and was just moving my leg to get on the roof when the ladder started slipping.  

I go to fly in a helicopter and a trauma unit.  I have fractured my back in two place and fractured my right heel.  Talk about being miserable! 
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 68
Holy sheep shit.

It's lucky you Americans have no idea how to build anything higher than a storey. That could've been nasty.

Hope you're doing ok and are on the mend dude.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 3 of 68
You daft sod!  Big manly (and womanly) hugs from all of us.  Still, a helicopter!
To: graphitone 4 of 68
I fell from aprox. 8 feet.  As soon as I hit the pain hit me.  I never felt pain close to this pain.  I landed ass first and then my head bit the pavement.  No marks or anything on my head.

After a minute or two my head cleared a little bit and I pulled my phone from my pocket.  I was trying to call my wife. She was in the house at the time and my son was mowing the lawn.  My wife heard me fall and was there before the call had started ringing.

The pain comes and goes in waves.  There are times when it's excruciating.   I had a terrible time trying to sleep the last couple of nights.  But now that I'm loaded up on drugs I can't seem to keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the well wishes!
To: Manthorp 5 of 68
Thank you!

Yeah I know!  I didn't get to enjoy it at all but it made quick work of getting to a better hospital!
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)14 Oct 2014 20:56
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 6 of 68
Shit dude, get better soon!

My house is four storeys high. I'll book you in for the gutter clean, because I'm not fool enough to do it myself!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 7 of 68
Fucking hell Ken, you maniac! Next time make a drone to fly up there or something. Glad you're not dead, by the way.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 8 of 68
Oh my. Hope you'll be back to working order soon.

I'm not scared of heights but I don't feel safe working on ladders. Always feel like one wrong move and I'll be dead. Get your quadcopter to clean them out next time.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 9 of 68
Yeesh - hope you're on the mend.

Meanwhile, why hasn't anyone invented a drone that can clean gutters? I was seriously considering it a while back, since I live on the top floor of a three-storey building. Quadracopter which lowers a little bulldozer into the gutter, and picks it up when it's done.

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 68
Mend soon ken. And broken your back in two places? Just avoid those places in future ;)
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 11 of 68
Was it a quadcopter? Did it take you for a swim?
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 12 of 68
It would probably be better to make self-cleaning gutters, with flamethrowers or boiling acid.
To: ALL13 of 68
Gutters don't break people's necks.  Dumbass clown-footed people break people's necks.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 14 of 68
That's nothing. I was tightening up a caliper retaining bolt when the socket slipped off the nut and I punched myself full in the face. Got a right big egg on my forehead.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 15 of 68
Only an 8 foot drop? No wonder you Mericans wear all that padding when you're trying to play rugby.

Take this as a lesson, though. You're not supposed to do that kind of stuff yourself. You're supposed to get an immigrant to do it for you.

Get well soon, though. And make sure you use it as an excuse for getting out of just about anything. "Empty the dishwasher? Are you mad, woman? I've got a broken back!" "No, I couldn't possibly go to that meeting. I've broken my back." etc etc
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 16 of 68
See, this is why I don't use ladders. :C

{{{Ken}}}
To: ALL17 of 68
Thanks all for the well wishes! I was about a foot from being killed I'd say.  I had the snow plow out in the driveway and just missed it ween I fell.  I can't imagine the damage that thing would have done to me!
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 18 of 68
Do you have the facility of self propelled levitation instead?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 19 of 68
(hug)

Get well soon Kenny. And stop fucking climbing shit.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 20 of 68
Quadcopter revenge attack :O