Chrome's on my shit list

To: ALL1 of 22
Sorry, Chrome!
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 22
What did the nasty browser do you?
To: Dave!! 3 of 22
Not as good as Firefox or Midori. I only installed FF on Linux (Fedora) for the first time in over a year yesterday. Chrome is over.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 22
Chrome has always been on my shit list.

Message 41242.5 was deleted
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)15 Oct 2014 09:05
To: ALL6 of 22
Internet Explorer FTW!
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 of 22
Oh come on. Netscape all the way.
To: ALL8 of 22
Chrome is my default browser.  It is getting pretty bloated but I still think it's the fastest at rendering pages and doing that correctly.  Not sure what problems you are having, but clearly you don't know how to computer correctly!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 9 of 22
I liked it until update before last. Now javascript and videos have gone all super-slow and choppy. Not happening in my other browsers (Midori* and Firefox) on the same rig & OS.

*Midori came onboard Cinnamon XFCE (forgot I installed that before Cinnamon, which is what I actually use). Otherwise I'd probably never have tried it. It's a pretty decent, minimal webkit browser.
EDITED: 15 Oct 2014 20:10 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 10 of 22
Maybe, but ever since Mozilla released the POS Chrome-wannabe Australis interface for Firefox (and removed half the customisation options), Firefox has been on my shit list :(
To: Dave!! 11 of 22
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 12 of 22
Indeed. It's been my browser for several months now and it's great :)
To: ALL13 of 22
Why would anyone muck around with Chrome? In my opinion, it and Internet Explorer are pure junk.

I LOVE FIREFOX!

I blame Matt. He told me to try it.  Now I'm hooked and it's all his fault. :-)
To: ALL14 of 22
I hesitate to say this but I honestly don't care which browser I use. They all work ok. I also don't care about which mouse or keyboard I use. Or operating system for that matter.

I feel so out of place...
To: johngti_mk-ii 15 of 22
I'm increasingly of the same mind, for browsers at least. I use chrome mostly because everything is synced across a few places that way, but they can all do that nowadays really.
To: milko 16 of 22
I get that. But I can't honestly think of a reason why I'd want to keep tabs open across loads of devices. I'm happy to finish what I'm doing at the end of the day, for instance, and then look at completely different stuff when I get home. Being able to access files and whatnot seems more important to me
To: johngti_mk-ii 17 of 22
It syncs bookmarks and passwords and so on too. Or, I can be looking at something on my phone and later go "oh yeah, what was that thing I wanted to look at properly" and it's easily available in the history. Or even right that moment just to save me typing it in, since it says what's open on the other computer's tabs last. You don't have to leave them open specially. But yeah files too, Google drive and whatnot all integrate nicely but I think they'd be easy enough from Firefox too.
Message 41242.18 was deleted
To: johngti_mk-ii 19 of 22
I'm with you regarding syncing, never used it myself.

To be honest, my main "wants" from a browser are for it to be capable of using a few simple addons (ad blocker, flash-by-default blocker, YouTube downloader, tiny tabs - cos I have loads of pages open). I also need the browser to suit my way of working. For example, I hate tiny stop/reload buttons at the far end of the address bar as it's the opposite side of the screen to the other navigational controls, so feels illogical and messy to me.

Firefox used to be perfect and customisable, but Firefox 29 screwed a lot of that. They crippled the customisability, the Australis tabs look dreadful if you shrink the size and pack a lot of them together, and they also disposed of the status bar as well.

Modern Firefox therefore is just a pale Chrome imitation these days. It's very sad to see that their response to losing market share wasn't to make themselves more unique, it was to copy Chrome's interface and dump a load of customisability and power that Firefox used to have. Since the change, the loss of market share of Firefox has only accelerated funnily enough.

Must admit that I've never really tried Chrome for a long period of time, only as a "second browser" now and again. Still, Pale Moon is everything that Firefox used to be, so does me fine :)

To: Dave!! 20 of 22
Pale moon? Now that is exactly what I'm on about. I would never be bothered enough to try anything other than safari (at work), Firefox (at work for things that don't work well in Safari) and Internet explorer on the pc. I just don't care enough to have an opinion. I also prefer the simplicity of ios to the customisability of android. I may have to stop referring to myself as a geek :(