1st Class Support from Comcast

To: ALL1 of 16
Listen to this fucking mess.  I was getting irate just listening to this, I have no idea how the customer stayed calm!  Amazingly terrible, and he wants to know why people would want to leave Comcast?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 16
Heh, that is pretty poor. I appreciate the Comcast guy's trying to do his job, but that's beyond being pushy. I've had a few calls from sales people at ISPs over here and, while nowhere near as bad as that, they refuse to believe you're happy with what you've got.

What's the worst customer service you've dealt with?

To: graphitone 3 of 16
I've been pretty lucky, I don't recall any bad experiences really.  But I usually try to do all my support requests online.  I hate talking on the phone.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 16
Sometimes the quickest way to get anything sorted is by talking to someone. Sometimes.

I used to hate talking on the phone to people, then I got a job in support. I don't mind talking to people if I know I can help them. I also don't mind talking to sales people as I've always got the upper hand in any conversation there as they're pitching something to me and it doesn't matter if I'm disinterested about their spiel. What I don't like are calls where I get put on the spot and can't take the time to think of a measured response and someone's needing something there and then and won't put the phone down 'til whatever it is has gone away.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)17 Jul 2014 17:27
To: graphitone 5 of 16
quote: graphitone
What I don't like are calls where I get put on the spot and can't take the time to think of a measured response and someone's needing something there and then and won't put the phone down 'til whatever it is has gone away.

And people who make snap decisions based on same, and when you have time to think about it you realise it's a crock of crap!

To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 6 of 16
(nod)
To: ALL7 of 16
I read elsewhere that the retention guys need to retain 75% of people who want to leave or they don't get paid - supposedly posted by someone who works for the company (but obviously could be bullshit)
To: JonCooper 8 of 16
Then instead of bitching online they should report their employer for breaching the minimum wage act.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)17 Jul 2014 20:45
To: koswix 9 of 16
Doesn't that depend on the terms of the contract (bearing in mind we're talking about the USofA, which doesn't have all this namby-pamby BS from Brussels)?
EDITED: 17 Jul 2014 20:47 by MR_BASTARD
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 16
OMG! The rep is a complete douche bag!
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 11 of 16
(assuming it's the UK...) NMW is a statutory minimum and can't be over ruled by contract law. And it's nothing to do with the EU.

But Fuck knows what shitty laws they have in Murica in the name of freedom.
To: koswix 12 of 16
Freedom is all we need!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 13 of 16
Too bad you ain't got none.  :-((  :-((  :-((
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 14 of 16
I know a guy with some!
To: ALL15 of 16
That is bad. I wonder if everyone gets the same treatment and they just expect most people to give up, hang up the phone and carry on as before.

Most 99% of the time when calling to cancel a mobile contract over here they try for a bit to keep you with them. I did ring T-Mobile a couple of years ago and whoever I spoke to obviously couldn't be bothered and just cancelled it without any questions. Sian was on the phone for a little while to Orange this year, they kept offering different phones, contracts, etc. even though she kept saying they don't do the phone she wanted (16GB Moto G)
To: koswix 16 of 16
it didn't sound UK based