sigh :(

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 31 of 48
Distillery, I think! Of course, the price doesn't make it alone, it could still have been a very peaty one that you didn't like. The water drops isn't just to mellow it though, many people say (into wanky territory here!) it "opens the flavour up" and that kind of thing.

"lager/beers", hmm - I assume you mean within their own groups there, not that a pint of Fosters is the same as a Brains. I can't get on with many ciders, although I'll have a dry one on a hot day sometimes and it's OK. I'm not generally fussy about my booze, just don't usually like sweet drinks.
EDITED: 30 May 2014 18:25 by MILKO
To: milko 32 of 48
Pretty much, aye. I can't say I think they taste much different. Different textures, yes, but the lagery/beery taste overwhelms anything else. Eugh. Dry ciders are definitely my favourite. Sweet ones I don't like. Makes it expensive when going places where lagers are cheap and everything else isn't.

Distillery, yeah. I thought refinery first but I think that might be something completely different. Well, whatever it does to the flavour I don't think I'll be drinking it any time soon. Vodka I'd be happier with. Not tried anything better than Smirnoff for that. Can't stand cheap stuff though.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 33 of 48
Got the Whyte and Mackay bottle, £18 in store. I will tell him it came highly recommended :) All the others mentioned were around £30. Maybe if he gets to 100.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 34 of 48
http://www.scotchblog.ca/scotch_blog/2012/04/islay-mist-8-yr.html

My poison of choice. I don't like single malts (at least the few I've tried), I think they lack character, like vodka. Also wildly overpriced.
Message 41072.35 was deleted
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 36 of 48
I hope he enjoys it. 
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 37 of 48
Whisky is a complex one. There's thousands of different flavours and styles. Even for most people that like whisky, there'll be ones they really like, ones they're indifferent to and ones they don't like.

I have to admit to having a shelf of 12 different whiskys in my living room, so quite like the odd one. I don't go into all that bollocks about "Hmm, I can smell vanilla and chocolate" or any crap like that, it's just whether or not it's tasty :)
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Jun 2014 08:57
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 38 of 48
If I were to say that I find your avatar disturbing and unsightly, would that make you more or less likely to change it?
To: Dave!! 39 of 48
That's a big selection of whisky :) My parents went to a wine tasting evening last year. The guy showing them the wines said something like the best wine is one you enjoy.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 40 of 48
I don't have an avatar?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 41 of 48
Ah, not seeing it on mobile.

You mean this picture of me posing at Ripley's Museum in Niagara Falls?

And yes, the new post headings, which I will charitably ascribe to a  "mistake", make it doubly disturbing. So double the incentive for me to not change it! :-O~~~
EDITED: 1 Jun 2014 13:49 by DSMITHHFX
To: ALL42 of 48
Clear your cache, fools.
To: Matt 43 of 48
"An error has occured. Please wait a few moments and then click the Retry button below. Details of the error have been saved to the default error log."
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 44 of 48
Cache, not cookies. (got the error report email). Use your browser's functionality, not Beehive as that does diddle squat for CSS and JavaScript.
EDITED: 1 Jun 2014 14:38 by MATT
To: Matt 45 of 48
I dunno how to do that for Chrome (linux, desktop). I don't want to totally clear my cache, just teh. The instructions are far from obvious (in fact they don't say how to do it, just cookies), and the .cache stuffs in my ~/ are all encoded so I can't tell their origin.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 46 of 48
You can't clear the cache for just one site, would be the short answer. At least as far as I'm aware.

The longer answer is, you shouldn't really care about clearing the browser cache for all sites. Your browser will eventually expire the cached files anyway, forcing you to download all the new files from every website eventually.

Keeping cookies and logons and passwords I would agree with, but cache isn't anything to be worried about keeping and modern browsers like Firefox and Chrome (even IE) allow you to clear cache without deleting your cookies and credentials anyway.
To: Matt 47 of 48
Yeah that worked. TBH I kinda liked the fugly forum. :(
To: Matt 48 of 48
Great job on the upgrade, mobile is deffo a huge improvement.