longshot- restaurant advice

To: ALL1 of 8
I'm delivering some Training in Budapest, this week and the hotel hosting the event wants £45/head for lunch does anyone know a good cheapish restaurant near the chain bridge, pest side?
To: Mizzy 2 of 8
ha, that is a longshot! I can only google, doesn't seem too promising though http://www.budapestbylocals.com/chain-bridge.html

Prices are high due to the fashionable and touristy location.

To: milko 3 of 8
I may end up having to order in pizza as a last resort, they claim they 'dont do buffets' :-\
I have lots of material to cover and a 2hour, 3 course lunch is too much time, plus the students will be nodding off after all that food :-(

To: Mizzy 4 of 8
If Budapest is anywhere near Keighley* I can recommend a tidy chippie.  HTHx

*I suspect that it may be in Lancashire
EDITED: 28 Apr 2014 21:39 by MANTHORP
To: Mizzy 5 of 8
I watched Budapest Grand Hotel. The pastries looked scrumptious.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 8
I can confirm that the pastries here are indeed scrumptious, the hotel provided a buffet in the end,
Yesterday we were treated to red bulls aerial stunt show and red bull racing doing things outside the hotel and over and under the chain bridge for their may day celebrations It was fun if a little distracting :-) .
To: Mizzy 7 of 8
Too late for this trip, i know, but if you ever go again you need to go to this place.
To: MrTrent 8 of 8
Thanks for the reccomendation it looks cool, I'm back there in about 2 weeks 4 an upgrade job.

I tried a nice Greek restaurant south west from the chain bridge following the river, only problem was prising the guys away from the butterfly's along the danube ;-)

X