happy valentine's day

To: ALL1 of 13
Is that why it's so quiet here today? Is everyone on a date?

My kid is 10.5 weeks old and my wife has a cold which gave her a sore throat. So ain't no romancing. On the plus side the sore throat means she's not talking unless she has to, so there's some peace and quiet. Lol.

This picture made me laugh today:

This story made me laugh today:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-taken-to-hospital-after-galeforce-winds-bring-down-feeling-under-the-weather-hospital-sign-9128896.html I do hope he's OK.

http://rekall.tumblr.com/ is a great site of images of a certain look, that kind of 80s sci-fi thing. 

There you go that's three things for everyone, my gift to the forum on this day of romance and whatnot. Apparently St Valentine met with a pretty nasty end, the poor chap.

To: milko 2 of 13
Soppy git.

I was sleeping and then working night shift (which was thankfully quiet and so involved me getting paid to play Fallout 3 on my new laptop).

Also found out that there was a drive in movie last night beside my work, which in turn was beside the runway at Edinburgh airport. The film? Top Gun :-D
To: milko 3 of 13
Ouch!

Our worst issue round here has been a little over a foot of snow, and I hear we're going to be getting more soon.

My next worry will be the Spring thaw. Especially if we get a good amount of rain. I really don't want to wake up one morning and find out my house has suddenly decided to have a go at being a houseboat.  :-O
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 4 of 13
There's plenty of people in the UK with that feeling currently. Thankfully I'm not one of them.
To: JonCooper 5 of 13
Which reminds me, how's it for you Jon?
To: ANT_THOMAS 6 of 13
It sucks. You never know what is going to get you.

The cold wind freezing your pipes. The weight of the snow on your roof, or the melt off and rain when things warm up.

Granted, we've had near drought conditions here for at least the last few years and could use some water. My poor ducks spent more time walking than swimming this past year. However, that doesn't guarantee the reservoirs will be low enough to handle all they might get when things start thawing out.

I'm just hoping we either have a gradual thaw or don't get a lot of rain this Spring.

To: ANT_THOMAS 7 of 13
personally, I'm ok, I live near the top of a big hill

but, locally, it's been a bit mental

Penzance station on 14-02

penzance station
To: ALL9 of 13
and this bar on the beach at Perranporth

now has a HUGE step down to the new beach!

To: JonCooper 10 of 13
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous.

I honestly find it difficult to grasp that much extra water.
EDITED: 15 Feb 2014 15:00 by ANT_THOMAS
To: ANT_THOMAS 11 of 13
it can be a bit - OMG! - but the sun is out today so everyone* is happy again

*probably not everyone, but most
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)15 Feb 2014 15:35
To: JonCooper 12 of 13
Is that wash in the background the arrival of the 15:45 ferry?
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 13 of 13
it's waves, still filling it up, but I do see your thinking

there has been a suggestion that this might work ~

EDITED: 15 Feb 2014 16:49 by JONCOOPER