Vector graphics me do

To: ALL1 of 7
Need to do some vector graphics design work, but no idea what software I should be looking at. Either free or Jim, don't hugely mind which.

I tried InkScape, and there were a few annoyances that I could probably get used to - but it's inability to print in landscape mode kills it. 

So what should I try?
EDITED: 15 Jan 2014 20:56 by KOSWIX
To: koswix 2 of 7
it can't print landscape? Odd. Could always export a PDF and print that landscape from something else, maybe.

There aren't many Illustrator competitors but that's pretty much the daddy of vector graphics. InkScape is the free version like GIMP is for Photoshop.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)15 Jan 2014 22:19
To: koswix 3 of 7
If you're looking for help from the cabin boy, you might as well try Illustrator or CorelDraw. It really depends on what you're trying to achieve though. They're pretty heavyweight. There's gotta be something easier out there (I've used Serif DrawPlus and Xara in the past, not sure what they're like now though).
To: koswix 4 of 7
Blender is free. No idea how good it is, but it's still ported to old SGIs, so must be good at something!

Or if it's more 2D than 3D, try Inkscape.
EDITED: 15 Jan 2014 22:21 by DAVE!!
To: milko 5 of 7
I can select landscape, but it prints portrait anyway. I exported to PDF last time I had to do it but that's a pain in the Ass that makes me not want to use Inks cape on principle :C

I'm not using it for anything mind blowing - just a few simple line/curve drawings, but being able to position things accurately is essential (preferably by specifying start/end points by keyboard.)
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 6 of 7
I'm certainly not averse to rodgering the odd cabin boy or two, but if there's something free that works then why not. I have pretty simple needs...
To: Dave!! 7 of 7
I use Solid Edge (shudder) for 3d stuff, but a lot of what I'm doing is for laser cutting so I end up exporting as flat Auto cad files and importing to a really shitty version of Corel that controls the cutter (we haven't found any other software that can control the cutter yet - the weird Chinese driver was supplied as a toolbar in a cracked version of Corel 13)