Eggy Farts

To: ALL1 of 11
Yum (yum)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 2 of 11
I don't know, you disappear for a few weeks and come back spouting obscenities. You'll be making us all think you don't like us.  :-((

Unless, of course, that thread title was a typo and you meant egg custards. In which case, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

To: graphitone 3 of 11
1) Just because you cannot see something does not mean it aint there.

2) It's impossible for egg custards to be a typo of Eggy Farts.

3) You should have long ago realised I belong to that dying breed of people who actually proofread, usually automatically; if I had intended to write cutsards you would see custrads. 4) Any bets on who the dumbass will be...?

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 4 of 11
Wait, are you saying you're invisible now? :>

It's certainly possible for your thread title to be a typo. You may have been accidently thinking about custard tarts when typing farts, leading to an egg/fart/custard hybrid.

I proofread stuff too. Poor use of grammar as in using the wrong there/their/they're stands out a mile in my mind, to the point that I get angry that other people can't figure it out.

Also, what the hell are you talking about?
EDITED: 8 Jan 2014 21:40 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 5 of 11
A typo is a physical failure, not a mental one.

Yore mind evidently lacks the capacity to comprehend such simplicity, and so is unlikely to have a depth anywhere near a mile.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 6 of 11
I disagree, a typo can come about due to distraction.

Por ejemplo: You want to type something. Your mind controls your fingers as you type out what you're thinking of. You then glance out of the window. There's a lovely squirrel munching on a left over hamburger placed on a grit salt bin. Instead of typing the original sentence you now find yourself typing 'grit salt bin' as, and why wouldn't it be, the absolute focus of your attention.  :-@

To: graphitone 7 of 11
A typo is a physical failure, not a mental one.

That is not a matter for debate or disagreement, it is the definition of a typo: a misplacement of the fingers. An error caused by being distracted into writing something different is not a typo because you have deliberately - even if unconsciously - instructed your fingers where to go.

dys?

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 8 of 11
This is getting a bit philosophical. Can an unconscious act be called deliberate? Can it? Hmm? And is typo just short for "typographical error" and therefore not as specific as you claim? Is it? 

I don't know. I do know that you had a peculiar double or triple negative a few posts ago.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 9 Jan 2014 09:50
To: milko 9 of 11
and he had a typo, not sure whether it was knowing or not though
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 10 of 11
Oh I'm quite sure he typed that deliberately really.
Message 40871.11 was deleted