Web Store Me Do Be Do Be Do

To: ALL1 of 7
Hiya my foreign pals!  Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday time!  I have a question for teh hive...

My blushing bride has recently started a very exciting career selling wares on eBay.  We go to auctions and she finds old, odd, and shitty items and sells them for cold hard cash!  I would like to set her up her very own store, so she can put things on there and drive people there and avoid the scam that is eBay fees and Paypal fees.  Can someone recommend a FOS solution?  I will self host it here so the requirements are flexible, I can spin up a VM of whatever might be needed.

Ta!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 7
The transaction processing isn't free. Unless you're selling quite a high volume, you're probably going to fork over 3-4%. Paypal is one of the easier routes (and no, purchasers won't need an account).
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 7
Yeah, I just want to eliminate the double dipping that's going on now.  I've installed OpenCart and am kicking the tires right now.  I am going to see if I can integrate Paypal easily with it.  If so I think I've found a winner, seems very easy to admin.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 7
I have seen some success with zen cart
To: JonCooper 5 of 7
Oh sweet, thanks!  It looks like this one has Paypal processing included, or at least a free plugin.  OpenCart has plugins but they are pretty pricey! 
To: ALL6 of 7
Are you both on Storage Hunters/Wars??! If not, why not?!

Not such a bad idea driving people from ebay to her own store but unless the price was lower (though I'm not sure you could compare since you're selling 2nd hand stuff) I'd still go through ebay for the safety/feedback aspect.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 7 of 7
Can't really help on the software, except to say I'd tend to agree with Ant, it'd be likely people will prefer a name they know. Have you looked at Etsy? Might also be worth getting involved in, probably as an additional thing rather than what you're looking at now to replace the other.