Any Must Have Android Apps?

To: ALL1 of 30
I swear there is a thread for this already but I can't find it!  So if a mod notices that to be correct maybe you could merge them?

Anyway, what are some apps that are on your must have, or must play list?  I'm thinking mainly for my Nexus but I'm always looking for great apps for my phone as well.

So, I guess a couple from me are...

Must Play:

Little Inferno - I love this freaking game! It reminds me of an Alchemy game but much better and a lot more fun. 

The Room - Very well done and great graphics.  It's a very good puzzler type game.

Must Have:

Pocket Casts - I've looked forever for a good free podcast manager.  I gave up and bought this.  It seems to be well worth whatever it was I paid.

Yatse - The description says it's a remote for XBMC but it's way more than that. It kicks the official remote apps ass!

Ok let me know what you would consider for this list so I can spend some of my credit from when I bought my tablet.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 30
Our Groceries - synced shopping list so we each know what to buy in the shop.
Bus Checker - tells you how long til the bus arrives, accurately. The opposite of a watched pot. Presumably worthless in Amuricah so find a gas price checker instead.
Most other apps I use often are built in or all but, twitter/Facebook/Instagram etc. I've many more but so rarely needed that I can't remember what. Google keep works well enough for my notes, got a task manager thing called Tasks I think, blah blah.

Games: new star soccer, ridiculous fishing, spelltower, rymdkampsel, hill climb racing, canabalt, toki tori... Well worth keeping an eye on humble bundles.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 3 of 30
I'm kinda not very impressed with Android. I mean, the tablet does what I wanted it to do (which is basically play films and let me check email in bed) but beyond that I've found virtually nothing compelling to do with it. An amazingly high proportion of the games and apps on Android are fucking awful.

That aside, I'll second Hill Climb Racer. And I use AntennaPod for podcasts which is ... fine.

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 4 of 30
I think all platforms are that way really.  Once you get an app store with a couple hundred thousand apps or a million or whatever it is there are bound to be a lot of shit apps in there.  But I've felt the same way you do, I had a first gen iPad, a nook, and a first gen Kindle Fire.  I've sold them all because of not using them.

Is this the racing game you are talking about?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 5 of 30
That's the one. It's surprisingly compelling.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 6 of 30
That's the one. It rates a 10 on the compelling scale.

And yeah kinda. But I think mobile in general is far worse than, say, PC. Even the good stuff on mobile is pretty shit/limited/pointless/hobbled in some way.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 7 of 30
(On Hill Climb Racing you want to unlock the dirtbike and moon as quickly as possible, that's where the fun really starts)
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 8 of 30
Why the fuck isn't a roll cage one of the upgrade options?
Message 40845.9 was deleted
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 30
Dead Trigger & Real Racing 3 are good games on the Nexus.
To: ALL11 of 30
Ooh, I see there's a Dead Trigger 2 out. Dl it now.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 12 of 30
+1 for Real Racing 3.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 13 of 30
Wow, it needs to download a GB! I clearly don't play enough games if this is normal.
To: ANT_THOMAS 14 of 30
Yeah it's a beast.  :L Not sure why it needs to be so big, but it's got a bunch of racetracks from all over the world. The backgrounds aren't super-detailed or anything.
To: cynicoid 15 of 30
It's pretty good, less entertaining than e.g. NFSPU but not too bad. Although you are warned that you lose points for stuff like banging into opponents and running off the track, you can still win by doing those things and driving very very recklessly (provided you don't completely spin out). As you rank up though the opponents get a lot tougher and you can't waste too much time on shit like that.
To: ALL16 of 30
DT2 is OK so far though I seem to be in easy/training mode. Graphic are good, levels perhaps a little more narrative & complex. All in all a welcome reboot.
To: ALL17 of 30
Not sure what has happened but I've just installed it on my tablet and seem to be very rich

Screenshot_2013-12-29-13-48-44.png?dl=1&
To: ANT_THOMAS 18 of 30
Pieratted version?
To: koswix 19 of 30
Nope, from the play store. All legit as far as I can tell.

Running a custom ROM but I'd be surprised if that was the cause.
To: ANT_THOMAS 20 of 30
Whoah!