The Blues

To: ALL1 of 7
Does anyone else suffer from the seasonal blues?  I have been depressed for at least 10 years and take some meds that seem to help a lot, but this week nothing is helping.  The only thing I can figure is it's the changing of seasons and knowing that fucking winter is on the way.

I hope I can hang in there because we leave for Hawaii in 10 days.  I hope that's enough to perk me up!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 7
I'm lucky enough to have never suffered anything even remotely close to depression, but I do find winter noticeably hard work - I tend to just want to hibernate.

We've just purchased one of the SAD lamps for the bedroom - I can't say if it's made any real difference, and I still like to press the snooze button, but it seems easier to get out of bed in a light room if nothing else.
To: Dan (HERMAND) 3 of 7
I am finding it very hard to get out of bed.  I am competing for best snooze operator I think.  Can you link to the lamp you're talking about?  I've never heard of them.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 7
To: Dan (HERMAND) 5 of 7
Thanks, I'm going to buy something like that.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 6 of 7
I've actually found the sundown function to be my favourite - we've started to go to bed a little earlier, put the light on and then chill out for 20 mins or so until it gets too dark.
To: Dan (HERMAND) 7 of 7
That sounds nice!  I need to put the devices away at bed time.  I have no willpower and before I know it it's morning or really late and I don't get the sleep I need.  I'm sure that has something to do with mood as well.