ACL out this week

To: ALL1 of 12
ACL for WebOs coming out by the end of this week!  It'll enable the installation of Android apps on the HP Touchpad, which I know a few Tehers bought in the Great Fire Sale.

I kickstarted it, so hopefully I should be receiving mine in the next few days.
To: Manthorp 2 of 12
My Touchpad is dead. It had some version of Cyanogenmod on it, I turned it off and now it won't start back up. Left it alone for a month, left it on charge for a week with the official charger, plugged it into my PC, pressed all kinds of finger-mangling button combinations, nothing works. Not sure what to do with it now.
To: patch 3 of 12
Start with WebOs Doctor?  That's what nearly all the unbricking procedures begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btT_xomDGo
EDITED: 25 Sep 2013 18:13 by MANTHORP
To: Manthorp 4 of 12
Finally got round to trying that, but unfortunately it's for Touchpads that still bring something up on the screen. I found some other Linux tool for Touchpads that seem completely dead, but it came up with an error that lots of other people are also getting, but that no-one has a fix for. Ah, well.
To: patch 5 of 12
Designer chopping board, then?
To: Manthorp 6 of 12
It's looking that way. I suppose I could get the front to be as scratched up as the back, that way.

I'm trying to work out how to get rid of it. If I sell it to someone else and they manage to fix it, then they potentially have access to my data. But smashing it up seems... wasteful, somehow. Though it may be therapeutic.
To: patch 7 of 12
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to hide...
To: Manthorp 8 of 12
Except the unavoidable smugness that comes with never having done anything wrong.

If he doesn't hide that, he's liable to get smacked.

To: patch 9 of 12
I'm not sure what this thread is about, but why can't you just remove the hard drive or memory card before selling it?

Is there not a factory reset option somewhere?

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 10 of 12
The thread's about something other than my problems with a tablet. Or at least it was, but, you know, hijack.

Unfortunately, the way it's put together seems to mean that cracking it open would render it good for nothing but a very small number of spare parts. Plus, the various chips are probably soldered to the board. And doing a factory reset would involve getting it to boot first, which is what I can't get it to do.
To: Manthorp 11 of 12
Well, no. I've obviously done nothing wrong, but my Gmail password has been a right little shit.
To: patch 12 of 12
I suppose changing the battery is out of the question too.

Hopefully you've learnt your lesson not to buy crappy unmodifiable junk in future? :P

As for Gmail, you can click the Details link at the bottom of the page to get a list of active sessions and sign them out - that should make the device forget your password, though probably best to test it with another device to make sure it does do that.