Website stuff

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 19 of 28
I thought it was going to turn into a Buba-Shrimp story. I left a little disappointed but overall I approve of your approach! 
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 20 of 28
:D Unfortunately I don't think she will go with that sort of approach :(

Been playing with some designs on Moonfruit. My favourite so far is http://pigglypoo.moonfruit.com which I think looks rather nice. Needs work and the pictures in the middle don't look quite right.
EDITED: 18 Sep 2013 13:11 by CHRISSS
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 21 of 28
Yeah I think that is pleasing to the eye.  What is moonfruit, a Wordpress like site?
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 22 of 28
I've heard Wordpress lots of times but don't actually knoelw what it is. Moonfruit uses a Flash WYSIWYG editor and has some templates you can use and edit. It's a bugger to use though, too fiddly but can produce some nice results. Took me about half an hour to make that from a blank site.

The websites is used to create were all Flash based too but now they have a HTML5 version (still with Flash editor) so it'll work on all platforms.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 23 of 28
Wordress is probably similar except you pick a template and then the content is added by a WYSIWYG editor.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 24 of 28
Like many/most CMS, Wordpress uses a javascript-based WYSIWYG editor, TinyMCE.
To: ALL25 of 28
I didn't actually do anything about this but I've been having a fiddle over the last couple of nights (YJ) to see what I could do. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.
http://cakes.chrishigs.co.uk for anyone interested.

I like my Cake Maker. Still needs some work and I still hate CSS.
To: ALL26 of 28
Some questions:
*With my Cake Maker on the prices page, if I added lots of options, different colours, etc. (I'd also need a different interface or it would be far too long) would it be best to have a static image for each combination, or is there some way to dynamically build an image for each combo.

*How do I do mobile stuff?

*Is it safe to put email server username and passwords in a PHP file for the contact page?

*What other questions was I going to ask?
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 27 of 28
Just a thing or two I noticed:

The Tier 1 option on your cake maker has a borked link to the image. But you probably know that already.

Also, this:

Quote: 
My work is always carried out to the highest standard with your cake specifications at the heart of each and every project.

Should have a comma in it after 'standard'.

I quite like dusky pink. :)

EDITED: 17 Sep 2015 16:49 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 28 of 28
Yeah, I have noticed that bug. I've made a quick fix which sort of works. Only works properly the first time but at least it's not showing a missing image now.

I'd quite like to reword all the text at some point. Dusty pink is better than a dusty cake.