Ker Plunk

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 5 of 10
Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. Leave it a bit longer and see if it starts working? My dad dropped his phone in a bucket of PVA last week. Strangely it didn't work after that. Luckily he was due for an upgrade soon and managed to get it early.

I left my DSLR out all night in the rain lat year and surprisingly it still works.
To: milko 6 of 10
Yeah I can pull it.  I'll put it back in the rice until tomorrow.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 7 of 10
My phone was in there at least 3 minutes and it was on the whole time!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 8 of 10
I dropped my camera in saltwater (actually it slid in hanging around my neck -- I slipped on seaweed). I took it home and rinsed it out in tap water, dried it out in the oven and shipped it back to the mfg. They said it was a write-off and shipped it back. I started taking it apart, dripped some wd-40 in it and forced some rewind/shutter gears (not knowing exactly what they did). It started working again. I think I probably fucked up the lens mount alignment though, and the TTL metering was shot. I used it for the next 20 years, and took a lot of good pics with it. For some things (surviving salt water baths), electronics suck.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 10
I am posting this from my phone! I took it out of the rice and put it on top of my furnace for a few hours. Came home from work and it fired right up! Been using it for a couple hours now. What a relief!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 10 of 10
Cool. I need to do something with my work laptop keyboard which got sprayed with coffee a year ago, and the shift keys mostly don't work (luckily the allcaps still does).