Black Friday > Black Pudding

To: ALL1 of 89
I am completely fucking exhausted and still not done shopping but I'd take fighting retarded Wal-Mart lovers over nasty ass black pudding 100 out of 100 times!

I've been documenting some of the night on G+, so if you want to follow along and make fun of the stupid Americans check it out!

I haven't had this much fun with my wife (nj) in ages.  We had no pressure, because we were mostly done Christmas shopping anyway, and just out for super deals.  We had a blast making fun of the stupidity of the average trailer dwellers and joking about various things and people.  So for that I'd take a day like this 100 times (plus black pudding is the devils spawn).

I ended up buying a few things but at the moment I'm pretty fucking pissed off.  My credit card company likes to shut my card off after a couple of purchases, no matter the amount, and it requires me to call them and tell them to knock it the fuck off.  So I had a 40" LCD TV and Blueray player in my cart when they decided I'd spent enough.  Suddenly I was relegated to trailer dweller status and I'm sure at least one person made fun of me.  What comes around goes around, and karma and all that. So I thought I had that sorted out and loaded up a fireplace I'd been wanting and the mother fuckers did it again!  So twice I lived in a van down by the river!  Fuck me!  I'm about to call them up and let them have it, but first I need to recoup a bit!

/blog
EDITED: 23 Nov 2012 14:33 by SHIELDSIT
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 2 of 89
<applause>

What a crazy crazy country you live in. We use the internet to order things over here, and for the times that doesn't work, there's always Argos.
To: graphitone 3 of 89
Trust me, if the shopping were up to me (and I'm sooo glad it's not) the internet would be where I did it.  The times that I need to shop that's what I use.  Fuck the lines and fuck the stupid, ignorant people.

I can't count how many times I'd been cut off, or had to move because someone thought the walkway was a fantastic place to stop and talk.  People who have no consideration for anyone but themselves drive me up a wall and are one of the lowest forms of scum.  Those are the people who should be forced to use Windows 8.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 4 of 89
I totally agree, I really don't like food shopping and can't stand those people who see going to the supermarket as an extension of their social lives, ganging up in aisles to chew the already well worn fat.

All this could be due to the class of supermarket we go to. Over here we have Waitrose, which has traditionally been seen as more of a middleclass supermarket. Only been there a few times and had a much more pleasant experience. Mainly 'cos it was empty.

I bet the Queen doesn't get any of the shit we have to experience when she shops at Fortnum and Mason.

And at around £15 a pop for a pack of biscuits, they probably only get 3 customers a year.
EDITED: 23 Nov 2012 16:13 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 5 of 89
Yeah, but they only need 3 customers a year...

(I fail to see any situation in which going shopping is better than black pudding, unless it's shopping for black pudding, from a range of fine black puddings, with an enthusiastic and knowledgeable shopkeeper offering advice and free samples. I think I'm going to have a black pudding supper for my dinner tonight.)
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 6 of 89
You're right, and if one of them's the Queen, she'll probably drop a shit load o' cash on biscuits.

These guys look like connoisseurs of the dark art of puddings.

In looking for that page, I found a link to a page that was extolling the virtues of deep frying black (or white) pudding. Have you ever had it plunged and battered? (NJ)

EDITED: 23 Nov 2012 16:23 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 7 of 89
Frequently, and if I do get it tonight, it'll be plunged and battered by the girl who works in my local chip shop.
EDITED: 23 Nov 2012 16:36 by WINGNUTKJ
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 8 of 89
:-O

Well, good luck with that. How do the economics work here? Do you have to pay for her to plunge and batter it, or does she just work it alongside all the other plungables she's already got in her fryer box at no extra cost?

EDITED: 23 Nov 2012 16:49 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 9 of 89
Black pudding is one of the standard menu items, so generally, there'll be a few sitting in the hot cabinet, already battered and plunged. You can't get them unbattered round here. Deep-frying an unbattered black pudding would be wierd and possibly unhygenic. If they've run out, there's usually a short wait while they cook one specially, at no extra cost. They're good that way. They're good in many other ways too - my local chippy did a charity day where they sold all their suppers for £1 a go for the local childrens hospital. They raised over £2000, and didn't even need to call in riot police.

To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 10 of 89
You need your eyes checked!
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 11 of 89
I think they are actually amazed that someone is willing to pay for it!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 12 of 89
£3.60 gets you this (black-as-the-Earl-of-Hell's-waistcoat beer not included)...
EDITED: 24 Nov 2012 00:13 by WINGNUTKJ
Attachments:
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 13 of 89
Just took a quick poll of the Shields household.  The question was asked like this: "Does this look good? Other than the chips, they are hard to mess up."

Tanner: "Uh, no"

Tina: Dry heaving a little. "That doesn't even look edible. Like, no one should eat something that looks like that."

Me: "Fuck that, you foreigns are insane mother fuckers"  -you can use your fantastic accent when saying this, or the accent of the guy in District 9 to get the full effect.

Tek: Licked his asshole instead.

Ashlyn: Not present, but has stellar taste like her dad, so she would tell you that you are insane in the membrane.

That actually looks like something a wild animal would leave in the woods.  And knowing what it is actually makes it that much more unappealing.  That's sad that I'd rather eat wild animal shit over that!

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 14 of 89
Other than the chips, they are hard to mess up.

Spoken like an American (or southerner) who has never known the glory of proper Northern chips.

To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 15 of 89
Right you are because we call them french fries like they are supposed to be called!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 16 of 89
Mmmm, delicious moist, crumbly black pudding in a crispy batter. Delicious - the tang of the blood contrasting with the comparative sweetness of the batter, all smothered in salt and vinegar. I fail to see anything not to like about it.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 17 of 89
It's made from /blood/?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 18 of 89
Pig's blood, beef suet, onions and oatmeal. It's basically porridge for vampires.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 19 of 89
(drool)
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)23 Nov 2012 23:39
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 20 of 89
(drool)