Sky/BTOpenreach

To: JonCooper 7 of 31
I'm tight. That's the problem here. I should have known better and stuck with reliable Be.
To: ANT_THOMAS 8 of 31
I kinda like plus.net, so I moved my phone to them too, now I have a stupid £60 bill for 2x calls made at 4:30is AM (I'm guessing 18yo son)

BT will block premium rate calls - free of charge
plus.net (owned by BT) say they can't - not possible

so very, very pissed off right now
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 3 Sep 2012 20:04
To: JonCooper 9 of 31

18yo son pays. simples.

I have a funny feeling that we used plus.net in the UK. I can't remember why, but I seem to recall having real problems. That would've been 10yrs ago.

To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 10 of 31
18yo son denies it...

but has offered to pay half...

not impressed ;-)
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 3 Sep 2012 21:04
To: JonCooper 11 of 31
18yos don't just offer to pay half for no reason! :Y ;)
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 12 of 31
my thoughts too, that's why I'm not impressed with his offer
if he didn't do it I wouldn't get a bean out of him
To: ANT_THOMAS 13 of 31

I feel, well felt, your pain. I had the same problem when I moved to my new place not long ago. Took 5 weeks in the end, many many lies and inaccuracies from Sky, I put a complaint in and used their own recorded messages against them (the same as I done against Santander, and won that one too)

I had the pay the initial bill of about £70 for the first month but in the end I got free telephone and internet for 3 months and a reduction on my next bill of £30.

Complete and utter lieing, useless toss bags in the customer service centre but I am pretty happy about the service so far on the unlimited package.

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 14 of 31

Hopefully all the calls were recorded because there's 6 lies now.

I demanded to speak to a manager. Finally got a call back this evening.

I had been told by two separate people that the next earliest activation was October. He offered me this Friday 7th AM or PM or any day next week, I picked AM on Friday. He couldn't understand why I was told October since there was plenty of free dates.

Fingers crossed for Friday. I'm still billing them for my days wages, calls, my newly invented lying fee and an admin fee.

To: ANT_THOMAS 15 of 31
Don't forget to add 10% if they choose not to pay by direct debit (giggle)
To: koswix 16 of 31
Ohh I definitely need to add that.
To: ANT_THOMAS 17 of 31
I ended up with two routers in the end as well as I also had two activation dates, perhaps I had yours ;)
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 18 of 31

Ha, they managed to send the router out. It's been sat waiting for the @ to go green :(

The initial issue was that BT Openreach didn't do their job. I would've been fine with Sky if they were honest and explained it all and booked another appointment straight away for the following days, but instead they lied and bullshitted their way through 3 days of calls, forum messages and tweets until I got it sorted.

To: ANT_THOMAS 19 of 31

If you want to use a third part router use this to generate your username and password

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

The sky router is OK but I do much prefer my own router.

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 20 of 31

Nice.

I saw you could get it from taking a backup of the settings and opening the file in a text editor.

As long as it can port forward I'm not too bothered, don't actually have my own router to use anyway.

I'll be using my own access point since the Sky router only does Wireless N at ~150mbps whereas my AP does it at 300mbps.

To: ANT_THOMAS 21 of 31
quote:
Hopefully all the calls were recorded because there's 6 lies now.
Don't bet on it. Sky will blurt out the usual "calls are recorded for training and quality control" bullshit, but that's just another one of their lies. The minute you ask them to listen to a call to see that you were lied to they'll say "well actually, only some calls are recorded. And yours wasn't. Sorry"
To: MrTrent 22 of 31
The manager call definitely was. Well, it should've been since he stated it was being recorded himself and it wasn't the recorded message saying "calls may be recorded".
To: ANT_THOMAS 23 of 31
I'm impressed you actually got a manager call, no matter how late. But yeah, i grudgingly admit that not even sky would try to hide the recording of a manager call.
EDITED: 4 Sep 2012 16:06 by MRTRENT
To: MrTrent 24 of 31

It may have been that I was kicking up a fuss using whatever route possible. Calls, Twitter, Forum, Email. Though I'd wouldn't be too surprised if they hadn't linked it all together as being the same customer each time. When the call centre said the next activation date they could offer was in October I just refused and demanded to speak to a manager, it seemed to work.

I find complaining on Twitter works quite well these days. It's public, and if it was to be picked up by someone with a reasonable following on Twitter it ends up being a bit of a PR nightmare.

To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 25 of 31
We've used plusnet for Internet since we got broadband here, 8 years ago, and have had no problems with them.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 5 Sep 2012 07:59
To: Gobfounded (YVE) 26 of 31
Perhaps they got good in the ~2+yrs between us dropping them and you joining.