Diaspora: Give us dosh!

To: ALL1 of 7
I just got an email from Diaspora.

"Oooh, is this my invite at long last, so I can try this thing out and conclude it's useless rubbish?"

I wondered briefly, as I opened the email from "Ilya and the Disapora* team", with the subject of "<3" and the gmail preview of "Dear Friend of Diaspora* - We love you. Yes. Really, we do. We're building Diaspora..."

Nope, it's not an invite. It's them begging, for $25 or any other amount I feel comfortable with.

Well Ilya, how about you go and fuck yourself.

You've already got $200,000 from Kickstarter which is plenty of money to get yourself started. I'd love to have $200k to play with for my own projects!

You've been at this for a year now. Why the hell haven't you released anything remotely useful? It's not that hard!

And now, instead of inviting me to try it out, you're inviting me to give you money!?

Have you blown that $200k already!? If you have, you clearly can't manage money properly and don't deserve more. If you haven't, you don't need more money from me.

Stupid jerks! :@
To: ALL2 of 7
I wish I had lots of money (I mean /lots/), I would give Pete some (say, around $200k) and then be a complete b!tch about what he does with it. :-Y
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)13 Oct 2011 21:44
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3 of 7
If I could up you, I would. Or your post.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 4 of 7
PETER!!! What have you done? :-@
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)15 Nov 2011 14:40
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 5 of 7
Yeah, it's gonna take them even longer now!
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 6 of 7
Me? It's Mark you want to be asking that question to!
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 7 of 7
Hmm... he's been missing for a while from here, maybe he was on some secret mission. If he mysteriously re-appears now that might be a good sign.