Toolbar...

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 20 of 24
I had the original idea for a toolbar button to insert HTML, which Matt evolved to a <youtube> tag (which makes sense), and actually implemented.
EDITED: 6 Jul 2011 23:05 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 21 of 24
Well then I'm giving you credit. Anyone can code, what it really takes is a good idear, and that's what you had :-D

And CTRL-F5 didn't work for me so I found where you clear the stuff in the settings and now I'm in good shape!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 22 of 24
Does that mean I also get to steal credit for the tag idea AND point the blame at Matt if any of it goes wrong? :D

Browsers and caching are getting rather annoying - being far too aggressive and unhelpful.

There's some fancy new stuff in HTML5 that might make it all wonderful, but I haven't actually looked at whether it's been implemented yet or how it actually works. Hopefully it makes it all simple in the future.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 23 of 24
Sure you can! He's not there with you is he? So what can he do about it? It comes down to hearsay after that!

Yeah I suppose back in the dialup days it was useful, but only a little. Now I don't see any need for it.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 24 of 24
You might not agree if you had to load all the images, styles and scripts every time you opened the page. :P

But still yeah, it's possibly more useful from the perspective of reducing the load on servers.