Javascript and browser windows

To: ALL1 of 8
Hello!

I have made a small utility thingy for work which does some basic calculations based on a user input.

It's an HTML file so obviously it loads in a browser. What I'd like to do is make it look a little less "browsery". With Chrome I can do this easily using the Create Application Shortcuts thing, which effectively turns my little HTML file into a normal-looking application.

I'd like to also do something similar with Firefox and IE, seeing as that's what most people actually use. I've been fiddling with window.open and such, but Firefox is all like HEY WHAT NO POPUPS ALLOWED HERE which rather defeats the point of making this thing work like an application instead of a web page.

If it's not possible to do via Js hax0ring, is there some kind of Firefox command-line magic I can use to achieve the same thing? I've attached an image of what the page looks like Chrome.
Attachments:
To: af (CAER) 2 of 8
If you want a 'normal' application, then just create one that embeds WebKit and use that instead of a browser?

(Has the added bonus of not having to worry about multiple HTML rendering engine behaviours.)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3 of 8
Problem there is I have no ability to create real applications on this PC, cos it's too locked down; HTML is the best I can do.

I found a way to make a shortcut (.LNK) on the shared network drive that opens Firefox with no toolbars etc., but of course this only works on PCs with Firefox installed in the default location.
To: af (CAER) 4 of 8
I assume beating into submission the people responsible for locking it down is not an option?

Tried a .HTA (MS HTML Application)?

That limits you to IE, but if it works you will be able to easily turn off toolbars and stuff, and no reliance on browser install locations.

Of course, it's effectively an executable still, so any paranoid admin that knows what they're doing will block them from working, but there's a fair chance they haven't too.
EDITED: 4 Jan 2010 12:07 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 5 of 8
Well, seeing as all the PCs have IE installed, limiting this to IE is actually beneficial. This .HTA lark seems ideal, thanks!
To: ALL6 of 8
Grand, the .HTA thing worked a treat and now it looks like a real application, with an icon and a non-resizeable border and everything. Cheers Pete!
To: af (CAER) 7 of 8
Gwan and make a keylogger of it. You know you want to...
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 8 of 8

Tempting but there's really nothing of interest on my fellow employees' computers, and the thing won't be used beyond that scope anyway.

Plus it's kinda hard to hide keylogger code in a webapp anyway unless you do a Google and obfuscate the code to hell and back.

EDITED: 5 Jan 2010 09:51 by CAER