Modern Warfare 2

To: patch 16 of 24
Because it's a computer game and they almost never spend money on decent voice actors, since most people don't care enough about it.

Is the answer to your question.

Some game creators of course do pay attention to creating a good atmosphere and hire the right people for that, but in a money-driven industry most of them wont put in the effort for something like that unless it'll be a selling point.
To: graphitone 17 of 24
Loving the animations and the foot prints in the snow.
To: y2rich 18 of 24
I started Uncharted 2 this morning. It's great!
To: Wayne (SCOREZ2000) 19 of 24

Yeah, that's a nice detail, you don't see it often enough in games, and when you do they invariably disappear of 5 or 6 footfalls, but this looks very well executed.

The only games I've played that don't have bad voice acting are Max Payne and Half-life.

To: ALL20 of 24
I just bought this on account of being totally locked out of Ubiplay thingy on Windows 7, no Far Cry nuthin. So there.
To: ALL21 of 24
DL this 11G beast ... when did games need more than a couple of floppy disks for the big ones?

Watched the video koswix linked to a few ... while ago. Graphics & gameplay appear roughly on par with FC4/5 concept possibly more dumb though.
To: ALL22 of 24
Well god damn. This is a pretty excellent game!
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 23 of 24
11GB is nothing for a triple A game in these heady nihilistic times. That'd barely scrape by as patch :C
To: ALL24 of 24
This game has all of the flaws of its genre and era, and then some. Even so, I find it pretty fun and challenging. Got no complaints whatsoever about the graphics, audio and physics, with amazing numbers of enemies going nuts without dropping a frame or really taxing my budget rig in the least. +10 for that. It's on rails, which I would normally dislike, but the pacing prevents boredom setting in with this limitation (thus far), and the scenarios are plausibly CQB, where they're at all plausible. There are some beautifully executed cut scenes, which I also usually hate. The "spec ops" thing seems kind of BS though, a series of timed tests including recycling the training exercise in the main single-player campaign. Supposedly muli-player is the best part, at least it was in 2009.