Encouraging traffic, advertising?

To: ALL1 of 6
HELLO :C

I am helping a little shop with their website, it gets an alright number of orders for the puny number of hits it gets. Nearly pays for itself.

However; we do not know how to get MORE visitors :C

It is the website that sells LARGE PANTS and such forth. We use Adwords (but with a pretty small budget, seeing as our experimenting found that we didn't get many hits through that at all at our maximum budget; so put some of that money towards out other costs), and every night the site uploads our product database to Google Base (which works well in our favour).

The site is quite optimised for Google, good words in URLs when they are not actually needed by the site, information in the title bar, h1 things. Not many sites linking to us, but I don't really know who to ask, or how to do that? We're on Shopsafe and Shopwiki which both send us some hits.

Mouse- any ideas?

We have a BUDGET :C

It'd be super if it would just pay for itself every week, rather than every other week.

We're also working on prices and product range, but the hits aren't there in the first place for the reason to be solely down to the prices.
EDITED: 9 Jun 2009 12:23 by STEVE
To: steve 2 of 6
Oh I forgot, perhaps I just keep forgetting to give the address when people ask, and that is the reason. All our Adwords adverts go to '#' :C

http://www.huntsclothing.com
To: steve 3 of 6
Put it in the 'related links' section of as many Wikipedia pages as you can before you get banned. You'll get loads of hits.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 4 of 6
There is an article on outsized clothing, but it seems to exist purely for the 'external links' section; and Google use nofollow. I have added the link, just because I like it when Wikipedia tells your IP address off.
To: steve 5 of 6
(cheer)
To: steve 6 of 6

You on Dmoz? What about an affiliation program? And are you looking at just on-line marketing or thinking about doing any old media stuff? I will have a further thinky.

How much of a go did you give Adwords? It might be worth further experimenting perhaps?

This might be worth a bit of a read

www.cardellmedia.co.uk/

Some of it's good, some of it's tosh and purely aimed at getting you to become in "the inner circle" and other crap. The telephone conferences he does are rather amusing. It can make you think though.