So is he going to go?

To: ALL1 of 9
The resignation of a junior minister and 6 Parliamentary Private Secretaries is hardly going to fell the messianic, oleaginous, murdering, hypocritical shit in itself, but I can't help thinking that as things stand it would take the resignation of just one senior minister and it would all be over for Teflon Tony.

Is he going to go? Is he going to limp on for another nine months? Would that be long enough to gestate a young pretender who could pip Brown to the post in a David Cameron/Davis stylee?

Cor lummee it's all exciting stuff. I don't suppose there's any chance they'll impeach him, is there?
To: Manthorp 2 of 9
I'd like to see him (and Bush) tried for Iraq.
EDITED: 6 Sep 2006 19:12 by JONCOOPER
To: Manthorp 3 of 9
I think he'll limp on. The labour party has proven how balless it is again and again. I remember when I was a kid, with Maggie in charge. And votes of no confidence all the time. It was fun. It's fucking dull these days.
To: Manthorp 4 of 9

I'm with Xeno. The Labour Party is too weak. Where's Robin Cook when you need him?

Oh.

To: Manthorp 5 of 9
I like the thing with Jacques Chirac, where he's currently evading prosecution for various crimes because he's President, but when he loses an election he's going to get arrested. It would be nice if something like that were in store for Tony. But I suppose he'll just retire to some big fat sinecures and write his entirely honest and factual memoirs.
To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 6 of 9
As I have said before, I wish him a retirement long enough to fully realise the ignominy with which history will remember him. I think it's the only thing that will really hurt him; though I'd be prepared to try stapling his withered pee-pee to the back of Naseem Hamed's McLaren.
To: Manthorp 7 of 9
I hope he spends his final years in something similar to The Raven, except instead of Lenore, it's George W. Bush, and instead of a raven, it's Cujo.
To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 8 of 9

The second he steps down he's off to America - they're much happier about Iraq there (in general) and his reputation isn't shot to quite as many pieces. Plus he's been making efforts to make friends in high places over there with an eye to scoring some sort of consulting-type job.
Overall he'll do far too well post-PM role for my liking.

To: Radio 9 of 9
And the autobiography, of course. "My Triumph", or something equally self-trumpting.