Weird Election

To: ALL1 of 5
So Reform are starting to poll higher than the Tories. They'll still get fuck all seats but the better Reform do, the better Labour do. Which I'm still not sure is something I want, though I do want the Tories out of course.

Labour are on track for an unprecedented (outside of National Governments) majority on a slightly lower share of the vote than Corbyn got in 2017.

Best thing for motivated Labour supporters to do right now is canvass for Reform anywhere where Labour are second to the Tories.

A Labour government with a Lib Dem opposition looks possible. I think I'd like that if the Lib Dems don't drift right. A Labour government with an opposition to the left of them would be an interesting thing.

Dunno if anyone saw, but Carla wosserface did well in the debate the other night. I like her.

It's a fucking weird election.

EDITED: 15 Jun 13:10 by WINGNUTKJ
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 2 of 5
I genuinely meant to put this in Politics but forgot.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 3 of 5
Aha! I still have The Power.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 4 of 5
Not sure what's going to happen in my constituency. My current MP, Mhairi Black is stepping down, and I know nothing of the new SNP candidate. The SNP seem to be in a bit of turmoil right now, what with what may or may not be dodgy financial goings on, the infighting and all that. The polls seem to indicate that Labour could win the constituency back. Either way, I don't think there's much risk of the Tories getting in round here.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 5 of 5
Thanks for moving it!

And yeah, the SNP seem to have imploded a bit. Also narrowly avoided electing a socially conservative leader.

Which is, I think, an inherent problem with parties that are not rooted in a particular political economy. Like the Tories can be relied on to represent the interests of capital, Liberals will represent the interests of the bourgeoisie and Labour were supposed to represent the interests of ... labour. If they're not grounded in a particular theory of political economy then they can, and likely will, do weird 90 degree turns at times.

Which is why I'm not 100% comfortable voting Green despite very much liking most of their policy.

Obviously that grounding is not working very well for Labour currently.