Steam sale

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 63 of 66
Is the gold standard the best of all the weapon categories?

In DIR, is that diamond crafting thing still in place, I never got to grips with that in the first game.

I haven't played Riptide much, I think I've only just got off the boat you're ensconced upon right at the beginning. :C
To: graphitone 64 of 66
Weapons are graded from weakest (& most common) to best (rare) by the color of the label: white-blue-green-violet-gold (or "orange"). I don't think there's "diamond crafting" in DIR, could be wrong.
To: ALL65 of 66
Finally broke the $4-million mark. I'm getting better at backing out of me getting beat down situations and taking a shot of health before picking a better weapon to finish the thing. I've pared down my walking around kit so I have more empty slots to pick up and (generally) sell weapons found in treasure chests and off dead monsters. When I get bored with my kit selection I swap in a new one. Wish there some dlc for this though. Actually I've got some user-made dlc of questionable provenance, if I get bored enuf I might try some out.
To: ALL66 of 66
Tested out DIR in my new rig, all super-detailed at 1080p, smooth and buttery with realistic explosions, fires and blood sprays. It's like a whole new game (and I won't be bothering with the 'remastered' versions). Oh wait, for whatever reason it picked up exactly where I left off. I guess that's a Steam feature? I wondered if Steam was gonna kick when I installed the same games to a second pc. Oh yeah, the onboard Realtek ALC887 "high-definition" sound is a tad disappointing compared to my old pci Asus dig-x card, but it could also be the headphones. Must tweak all that and see if it can be improved.
EDITED: 5 Apr 2018 15:33 by DSMITHHFX