TV me do

To: ALL14 of 17
I was starting to think this TV shouldn't be marketed as a TV monitor as I couldn't get the PC output to show on the TV without any scaling. That was until I decided to try the other HDMI port. It even shows on the source menu HDMI/DVI PC. So all good now.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 15 of 17
It's a stupid way to do things but it seems a lot of TVs only offer a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio on a specific input.
To: ANT_THOMAS 16 of 17
Not a problem if you only have one PC connected to it, and if you know which one to plug it into. I'm sure it probably says in the instructions somewhere. I bet most people wouldn't actually realise though, seen plenty of laptops and PCs with LCDs set to the incorrect resolution.
To: ANT_THOMAS 17 of 17
A friend recently got a super-wide Philips (I think) monitor. It's sweet - you can display two inputs side by side, each at full HD res. Nice for full HD desktop on one side, full HD movie on the other.

It's a pretty pricey monitor, but the cheap fuckers skimped on the processing electronics: if you want to use two inputs at once, one *must* be Display Port, and one *must* be either DVI or HDMI. Despite the thing having about 4 HDMI ports and 2 DVI ports, the cheap bastards only allow one signal processor for 6 inputs :C