Best multifunction printer

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 17 of 23
Try a mix of ethyl alcohol (the high proof stuff) and glass cleaner (ammonia) squirted into the nozzles with a syringe and leave it overnight, then run some cleaning routines from the driver. Sometimes it works. After a year though, chances aren't real good.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 18 of 23
OK, this may seem gratuitous, but if you make a stupid video of the kitten first and post in the interwebs, um... never mind.
To: ALL19 of 23
I've just bought a set of replacement carts for my Epson, crazy pricing !

Genuine brand new Epsons £12 each, full set (pack of four) £24.
Tescos own brand (recycled genuine epsons), £9 each or £45 pack of four !!!

How can reconditioned carts cost more than brand new ones, and how can it be cheaper to buy each colour seperately than as a set ?

Anyone know of a cheap printer that doesn't have chips on the carts and can be refilled like the good ol days ? My local refilling place will do them, AT MORE THAN THE COST OF A NEW CARTRIDGE !
EDITED: 9 Aug 2014 19:17 by CYNICOID
To: cynicoid 20 of 23
Might be different now but I used to have a little chip reseting device for an old Epson printer.
To: ANT_THOMAS 21 of 23
I've got one but not for the printer I have now. I can buy the chips for something like £10 per 500.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 22 of 23
I found it. I knew I had written it. Search didn't show up anything.
To: ALL23 of 23
Very happy with the HP7610 in the two months since I bought it.  It is a behemoth and designed with ugly pencils, but the photo print quality is gorgeous, it fair zips along printing B&W and the wireless communication seems to be stable (which it wasn't on my last HP printer).  Definitely recommended for home or small office, particularly if you need good visuals.