Don't turn 30, it's bad for ya health.

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 18 of 58
That's shitty man! Do you get to keep the one they removed? Hope everything turns out ok now.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 19 of 58
Sorry to hear that!  You only need one though, right?
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)26 Feb 2014 09:44
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 20 of 58
You cruel bastard, it's the right one that's been whipped out.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 21 of 58
 :-$
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 22 of 58
Nah that will be ripped apart to find out what cancer it is and what stage it's at. The size of it at the end I don't think I have a big enough keyring to carry it around.

First full day at home today and I am feeling down and in pain. I don't want to take any more opiates as they make me feel like a space cadet. Time to start some uni work then... Well maybe later.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)26 Feb 2014 13:30
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 23 of 58
My little knee escapade was nothing in comparison to your misfortune, but getting home from hospital with the family was a major boost.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 24 of 58
Meep :(

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mr Wattsy!
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 25 of 58
Jeez, best of luck and hope you can kick its arse and keep on showing life that you're a survivor.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 26 of 58
Wishing you well chief. Electronic hugs from Glasgow. Much like normal electronic hugs except battered, deep fried and served with irn-bru.

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 27 of 58
Dude... :( hope all goes well in the future, kudos for knuckling down to study in amongst that lot! My mind would be frazzled.

To: ANT_THOMAS 28 of 58
Can you rig up an Arduino with motion detection and when Wattsy enters a room it plays Eye of the Tiger?
To: graphitone 29 of 58
I have tried and failed for the last three days to do any work towards the TMA. I have been staring at a blank word doc unable to find any inspiration to start.

Think I need to contact my tutor and see he can point me in the right direction.

Ho hum.

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 30 of 58
:C

What're the tutors like for your course? I did a distance learning MCSA a while back and the tutors were all terrible to the point I ended up not speaking to them. The seemed to come across as nothing more than answer checkers, persumably referring to an answer sheet for each TMA rather than having any true knowledge of the subject.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 31 of 58
Bloody hell Wattsy  :-(

So long as it's not a final TMA, OU are usually pretty good about granting extensions, btw.
To: graphitone 32 of 58
So far the tutors I have had have been pretty knowledgable but very dry. I can only remember one tutor bringing a bit of life to a course and that was because his day job helped with his subject (helicopter modifier and project lead for BAE). My current tutor has responded but offered no more than to start writing and attend the lecture on Tuesday. The writing part is what I'm stuck on so hopefully the lecture will help me a bit more.
To: Gobfounded (YVE) 33 of 58
Yep but for me an extension is the last resort. I don't like extending work into the next block as a lot of people that do fail to catch up.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 34 of 58
If I don't have any solid direction on where to begin, I write down a list of words and/or ideas, edit it (add/delete/rearrange) and eventually organize the result into an outline. Break down the overwhelming task into bite-size bits. This also works for coding. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for cleaning up my work area.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 35 of 58
Best of luck to you dude
To: ALL36 of 58
I feel for you. I've been diagnosed with a disease that has been ruining my life for 3 years now. What I want to say that you're lucky to have your family that supports you. You have kids by now and even if you won't have more in the future, you're not alone. Coming through this all alone is the worst thing that can happen to a human being, so I wish you the best with your treatment and hope you'll beat cancer's ass!
APPROVED: 20 Mar 2014 13:31 by MILKO
To: ALL37 of 58
So, it seem I have kicked cancers butt, well removing my testicle did anyway! clean removal and no trace of spread. Small chance of it possible moving up into my stomach but that will be cut to around 3% after I have a dose of chemotherapy.

Awesome sauce all round. Thanks for the support guys its been pretty emotional but things seems to be picking up again. I also got a promotion (well sort of) last Friday. No longer a Sys Admin but now SAAS operations manager (so a remote network sys admin with some extra bits) with the product I helped create on Azure which has been picked up as our main product.

Now I just need the insurance to pay and and for Alex to fall pregnant and I will defiantly be back on track.

Hello new world!