Computer reboot

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 47 of 49
That's the thing, the Metro apps /are/ really weird on a desktop, but I can't remember the last time I used one. I've certainly not used them other than to see if they're any good (which they've not been).
But none of that matters, because you never see them. Ten minutes mucking around with the start menu, and they're all hidden, and that's on the very rare occasions when I find myself in the start menu/screen anyway.
To: Radio 48 of 49
Yeah, I installed the Start8 trial last night, disabled the hot spots in the corners, and it really didn't seem much different to Windows 7 then.
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 3 Feb 2014 10:11
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 49 of 49
Quote:
That's the thing, the Metro apps /are/ really weird on a desktop, but I can't remember the last time I used one. I've certainly not used them other than to see if they're any good (which they've not been).
But none of that matters, because you never see them. Ten minutes mucking around with the start menu, and they're all hidden, and that's on the very rare occasions when I find myself in the start menu/screen anyway.

You'll probably want to install 'normal' apps for the likes of image/PDF viewing and associate them with the file types (W8 associates the metro apps by default). Oh, and kick Bing in the goolies and righteously stamp on its head.
I remember the first time that I installed W8, opened IE and though WTF is everything upside down? And why Bing?