Refurbished laptoo

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 51 of 57
Not sure if it would actually be any use but I think this laptop also has WLAN built in. There's a SIM card slot behind the battery so I assume if I had a data tethering plan with some network I could use the internet out and about.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 52 of 57
My last laptop had a sim slot but it wasn't working.

It needed a mini pci-e card that supported WWAN and WiFi
To: ANT_THOMAS 53 of 57
I think you may be right. I saw something under the keyboard that I thought was the WWAN thingy but it looks like it needs another card next to the RAM slot.
To: Dave!! 54 of 57
Arrived some time over the weekend, got to test it quickly this morning and it worked this time. Thanks very much :D
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 55 of 57
Yay! Was that the 4GB stick as well?
To: Dave!! 56 of 57
I didn't try the 2GB. Worked straight away with the 4GB so a nice 6GB now. Been away the weekend so tried it while having my breakfast this morning. So yay, thanks a lot :)

How much of a difference does AHCI make? Or does it depend on the HDD/SSD. Didn't realise it wasn't switched on when I installed Windows so is it worth trying to get it working?
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 57 of 57
You're welcome :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It does make a difference, but only a pretty small one that probably isn't noticeable. Certainly not enough to worry too much about spending time fixing (and changing to AHCI without a re-install isn't trivial). Just remember to turn it on before re-installing Windows in the future - especially if you ever slap an SSD in it!