O2 Mobile for Business

To: ALL1 of 21

Lo all

It's that horrible time again, contract renoegotiation with Vodafone, it really does come around to fast, Anyway....

O2 came in and pitched a rather good offer and some eye opening savings to boot (around 22% on monthly bills so they say!) I was wondering if anyone are using them as there main provider in a small or medium size company and had any thoughts or comments that would help me? I am looking after about 130 numbers mostly Blackberry and about 30 data connections all operating in the EMEAI area.

It's going to be a pain moving all that (and land lines) away from vodafone but O2 are looking pretty good at the moment. Vodafone have not entered a proposal yet but from experience I don't see our current deal chaning that much.

Any one else on O2 and had signal or hardware problems in the UK or traveling?

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 2 of 21
Use O2 for business but only for 3 phones. Been very good really for customer service. Generally had good signal in France, Germany and Belgium.
To: Mouse 3 of 21

Thanks for the info Mouse.

Anyone else got any advice.

To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 4 of 21
Other than find out what the signal is like in your local area. I've always found O2 to be really quite poor round here, but as ever find out what people think locally.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 5 of 21
The company I work for (approx 40-50 staff) uses O2. I've no idea of what the details of the contract we're on are, but I believe we get free calls between the company mobiles, unlimited text, hefty data, and all that, but we're not allowed to tether our laptops to the phone for internet. Or that might have been on our old Vodaphone contract. Dunno. We got a good enough deal to move from Vodaphone, so yay.
To: ANT_THOMAS 6 of 21
Exactly, O2 is pretty good round here but not great (which I found out after buying a T mobile sim too who are better) Was that BBC 3G survey any good? I remember the app being shat. Ask people local to you Wattsy!
To: Mouse 7 of 21
Local isn't important really as all the engineers and sales force are based all over the UK and Europe. I have written a questionnaire on sharepoint and will be issuing it tomorrow. Just gauging the collective impression of teh on their O2 dealings.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 8 of 21
I guess business and <whatever the other bit is called..public?> run differently in terms of customer service. But in terms of signal and speed I don't like them.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 9 of 21
But as ever with these things. Everyone hates a certain operator or prefers another for whatever reason.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 10 of 21
Aha, that sounds quite exciting. On that scale I'm not sure what I can add from a very small business end. Asking the people who are going to be actually using the phones seems like a very sensible way forward. And let them chose not just Blackberry too. :D
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 11 of 21

I use O2, but only for four phones.
Can't fault them at all for service, their range of phones is very poor though.

I love telling these random phone company's that ring up what we pay and they can't get anywhere near it.
Apart from some dick head from 3 who though we should pay more to go with them when we can't get a signal in the office just because 3 is somehow better?
Why would I want a phone that doesn't work in the office?
If he could guarantee shit signal in any pub he'd have a sale.

To: Mouse 12 of 21
BlackBerry is what we have invested in software wise ovee the next coupled years only the big boss men get fancy gear like ipads cause they really really need them.
To: 777 (ALMOR) 13 of 21
3 have not even bothered to put in a bid, thank science!
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 14 of 21
Is there even a need to pay for their software any more? I use the free Enterprise server they make (I only have a handful of BB phones) and it works fine.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 15 of 21
If you want enterprise level access (file sharing, intranet access, advanced policy enforcing etc.) then yes, you need the full BES and a full BES account on mobiles.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 16 of 21

i moved from o2 to t-mobile for business and have had a lot better service, from the network and customer service.

if you want a referal let me know, might be able to get you a month free

To: pbm 17 of 21
We had Orange / T-mobile in yesterday, looks ok but I am very wary of the Orange / T-mobile fellowship and the cross over of networks.
To: Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX) 18 of 21
wary how? Surely it means they have great coverage? All's I know is my Orange phone never seems to run out of reception. Even when my work Vodafone was getting nowhere.
To: milko 19 of 21
Yup mine too. T Mobile shits all over O2 round these parts for reception. /Shits/.
To: Mouse 20 of 21

Three are better than O2 round here and that's saying something. They'll probably be shit if I go into the sticks, and I was in Sheffield the other month and in a residential area I had no three signal at all inside which was a surprise. But Yorkshire is backwards with these things anyway.

Also, I'd agree that T-Mobile are generally great for signal and speed.