Skyrim

To: Byte (BYTESPC) 480 of 773
Can't say I've had any issues with the game beyond sleep deprevation :) Another sleep at silly a.m. :( Had the occasional drop to the desktop when first loading a save game but it's been fine apart from that. The physics is annoying too, walking into a skull which smashes into you and hurts you.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 481 of 773
As you progress some of the tears and glitches are hilarious, outside one town a monk type character is now sitting below the surface of the land and yet he still taks to you, mamoths that can fly, fish that are swimming above the surface :(
To: Byte (BYTESPC) 482 of 773
Apart from the odd dead dragon following me around for a bit, I haven't had any of those glitches, despite having more hours in-game than I'd care to admit to.
To: ALL483 of 773
WTF happened to spoiler tags? :@
To: patch 484 of 773
I did have one dragon fly around a bit then suddenly drop dead before I even got an arrow off. That was nice of it.
To: ALL485 of 773
My latest is a Dragon that doesnt give up a soul, killed it / looted it but no soul and no decay either :(
To: koswix 486 of 773
Sorry. Forgot.
To: ALL487 of 773
Must admit, I've logged close to 50 hours of gameplay now and have noticed very few issues. I've had 3 crashes (par for the course with Bethesda games), a couple of sluggish characters (follow the character in a quest and they kept stopping to comment on me), and the giant hits you onto the moon bug, but apart from that, it's actually been relatively plain sailing.
To: Dave!! 488 of 773
The biggest problem is how fucking addictive it is. It's impossible to play for just 30 minutes, instead I spend 3 hours searching through Dwemer ruins.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 489 of 773
Dwemer ruins are cool, but I have fonder (and quite likely rose-tinted) memories of them in Morrowind (possibly just because I'd never experienced anything like that before. Also, they had cooler names).
To: af (CAER) 490 of 773

I wasn't expecting a lot of the stuff in the game. I'm glad I haven't read or seen too much about it, visiting places and seeing weird things for the first time is fun :)

I'm supposed to be going Christmas shopping tonight but a 4am sleep has left me feeling a bit sleepy. I think I might go home and play some more instead. I need some time that's before 12am to play :(

To: ALL491 of 773
Oh man, I so want to find out what's happening in Winterhold but bed is just slightly more important tonight :( Also I don't like fighting flying snakey hard to shoot at things.
To: Byte (BYTESPC) 492 of 773
I had that a couple of times, but i think that was specifically mentioned in the notes for the last patch.

I've not really had many serious bugs with this game. Nowhere near as many as you seem to have had anyway. CTD's used to be a problem, but not after the last patch. A couple of times there were some missing textures, and just purple or yellow blobs instead, but again i've not seen that since the patch. Never had the backwards flying dragon thing, or any clipping problems. The worst i had was a couple of bugged quests, requiring console commands to fix.
To: MrTrent 493 of 773
I had a CTD last night, and I took it as a hint the game wanted me to go to bed. I'd found some dwemer ruins (Irkngthand I think it was) and approached it from the south, over the mountain.

On my first attempt to assault the bandits therein, I sat high on the mountainside and peppered them with arrows for a bit before heading in. Alas, I ran into the bandit chieftan (literally) and he killed me in one hit.

On my second attempt, I remembered I had a couple of fireball staffs, which I employed to great effect/amusement, once again from the safety of the cliffside. In particular when one of the explodey ones landed near the aforementioned bandit chief and he ran blindly off a bridge and fell to his death. After softening up the bandits thus, I crept down and finished a few more off with my bow. Alas I got jumped by one and in a panic to equip my daggers I mistakenly left one of the fireball staffs in my left hand, which I didn't notice until I was dead, after wondering why my rapid clicks weren't doing as much as they should have.

On my third attempt, I repeated the firebombing routine, this time managing to get a couple more bandits to leap to their doom. Then when I crept down to finish the rest off, the game crashed. It was just about midnight, so I admitted defeat and went to bed :C
To: ALL494 of 773

Is it just me, or do you seem to level up really fast?

I've only done one quest (The Golden Claw, well and the Unbound thing at start) and only played for about an hour and a half (I was taking my time looking in every nook and cranny on the way :$ ) and I'm at level 5 already. Does it slow down?

To: koswix 495 of 773
Certainly does. It's taking me ages to get to 44.
To: patch 496 of 773
Ok, good. 5 levels per quest seems a bit excessive :D
To: koswix 497 of 773
Likewise, I'm level 33 and have been for a good while now. Partly it's slowed down because my Sneak skill is on 100 and that was the main thing causing me to level up, so there's only Archery (which I don't use much) and stuff like 1-handed (which I also don't use much, since ideally things die in one hit) and blacksmithing/enchanting/alchemy. And maybe lockpicking, which I've put no perk points into since I can manage to break Master-level locks without much difficulty.
To: koswix 498 of 773
What they said. Earlier in the game, you need to level up less skills to go up a level, and the early levels of skills are easy to obtain. Later on, you need to do a lot more per level of your skills, and your overall character level takes longer too. I've been playing for 50 hours and am at level 28 if it helps.
To: Dave!! 499 of 773

Woo.

Does jumping help you level up? Or can I stop pretending it's Morrowind and learn to walk places...