Skyrim

To: MrTrent 459 of 773
Hmm, i've just thought of something. The only thing this character has done differently so far is that when i get to Whiterun some guy asks if you support the Gray-Manes or Battle-Borns. With my first dude i remained neutral, with the chick i'm playing now i declared support for one side (whichever one it was that supports teh empire). Would that be enough to make the other family put a contract out on me?

It could just be a random event though.
To: MrTrent 460 of 773
Weird I have done the same as you, one character hasent proffered love for any side but the one I play on pc has, will be interesting to see what happens.
To: MrTrent 461 of 773
I'm not sure you ever find out. I think it's just because you're the Dragonborn.
To: patch 462 of 773
Then why didn't it happen to Marcus the Orc? There was a good 25 hours at least before he joined the brotherhood and nobody came after him, but someone's tried to kill Aurelia the Imperial after less than 10. Weird.
To: MrTrent 463 of 773
Maybe you've just made a dislikable character, this time.
To: Byte (BYTESPC) 464 of 773
How do you have time to play with more than one character? I've only been playing with one and feel I've got nowhere so far.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 465 of 773
I am retired due to ill health .
To: MrTrent 466 of 773
I'm pretty sure it's just a random encounter. Of the people I know who've played it most (but not all) have had it. I didn't have it, probably because I did the DB stuff very early.

And no, there's (typically for Skyrim) no story behind it.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 467 of 773
Don't all Bethesda games have it? People trying to kill you with anonymous notes left on the bodies.
To: ALL468 of 773

I've had the thugs with the contract attack me twice, both sent by people who I stole from but didn't catch me at the time. I assume that since I was the only other person in their shop and I was the one who put the cauldron on their head right before all their stuff went missing they just /assumed/ it was me. >:(

I also had the random DB assassin attack me once, right after I started fighting a dragon. :(( Didn't seem to lead anywhere, although haven't joined the DB with any character yet.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 469 of 773
Kinda. Previously there's always been a story to it when that happened.
To: ALL470 of 773

I think I only had the DB assassin on my second character (who now has 100 sneak, yay for being invisible). I've only just picked up the quest off the boy to kill that woman, and in fact saved the game last night seconds away from actually killing her (I want to talk to her first).

Also, I had intended to join the Stormcloaks on this character, but the more I read about Alfric, and the more I speak to people who support them, the more they come across as a bunch of racist xenophobic dicks :& And there's that book I read (in the orphanage in Riften, written by an Imperial, clearly, but even so) that goes on about how Alfric ordered the killing of loads of innocent people after the Nords reclaimed (I think) The Reach, and yet people seem to want to join the rebellion because of how the Empire killed people in battles :?

Also I tried to kill Maven Black-Briar but it seems she's invincible :(

And I'm gonna have to leave Lydia at home, as she's just a burden when I'm trying to sneak about killing off a room full of bandits/etc. one by one from the shadows. Besides, "swoooooorn to carry your burdens *sigh*" gets old very quickly.

</blog>

EDITED: 12 Dec 2011 12:05 by CAER
To: af (CAER) 471 of 773

I did the DB quests before trying to buy houses, and now I can't buy the one in Winterhold (I think it's that one) because I assassinated one of the people involved in the quests that would let me buy the house.

I'm not too fussed, though. The one in Markarth looks much better.

To: patch 472 of 773
I quite like my house in Whiterun, even though the roof appears to have holes in it and I've not paid for the downstairs to be decorated.

I've not even been to Winterhold yet, or, on this character, Markarth (I did most of the quests there on my first character).
To: af (CAER) 473 of 773
I've never liked companions in these type of games. They just don't do what I want them to. I've made a friend in Winterhold and so far told him to stay behind. I might take him on one of my trips to see how he does, could be handy with some tougher badddies.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 474 of 773
It's probably easier if you're not trying to sneak everywhere, as they're invariably not very good at it. And they also set off traps all the time.
To: af (CAER) 475 of 773
To be fair, there is very little funnier than watching someone set off one of those spike wall traps, staggering to their feet, setting off the trap again, ad infinitum.
To: af (CAER) 476 of 773
Haha, yeah. Some dood from Winterhold was helping me on one of the quests. We were walking down a corridor and I thought I was being attacked. When I turned around he had set off a trap which was firing arrows at me.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 477 of 773
Hmm, I've always hated companions in these games. I'd much rather tell them to sod off and then do things the way I want to do them. Far less stressful!
To: Byte (BYTESPC) 478 of 773
What memory address issues is it meant to stop? Do you mean the 4GB patches or sommat else?