Skyrim

To: ALL374 of 773
Skyrim 1.2 patch tomorrow.

• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
  • Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
  • Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
  • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
  • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead :'D
  • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
  • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
  • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
  • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
  • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
  • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
  • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
  • ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 375 of 773
That's what the mod that I linked to earlier does. Not quite what I thought. If you are in the magic/items menus (not sure about favourites) you can press [ and ] to equip specific things to each hand.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 376 of 773
I've applied a few mods. First one makes the horses more cowardly. They'll still rush into battle, but will run away after taking a couple of hits and will retreat to a safe distance. Also applied the inventory mod. It's a MASSIVE improvement over the Bethesda interface. Not perfect mind you and very much in preliminary stages of completion, but it's a big step forward.

Also applied a couple that allow you to smelt down certain items at the smith and make arrows and the likes there.
To: Dave!! 377 of 773
How thoughtful of you to mention these handy sounding mods and not link to them.
To: MrTrent 378 of 773

Got them all from here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/25/skyrim-mods-the-20-best-so-far/

EDITED: 30 Nov 2011 13:14 by DAVE!!
To: Dave!! 379 of 773
Cheers. I can never be arsed to trawl through mod sites looking for decent ones, i much prefer it when someone does the work for me and makes a handy list.
To: MrTrent 380 of 773
Giants are off limits until way later in the game when you are level 30 plus :)
To: Byte (BYTESPC) 381 of 773

Aye, I've got to the stage where I can take a giant out in 3 arrows. I always feel a bit guilty about it, though.

(Your sig is broken)

To: patch 382 of 773
thanks now amended as no longer there
To: Byte (BYTESPC) 383 of 773

At the start of the game after Riverwood I went for a wander and saw a giant. I didn't realise he would attack me as soon as I went over to him to.I went to say hi. One swing of his swingy thing and I was dead straight away.

Slightly further on I saw another giant attacking some wolves so I went to help. He started on me instead so I ran to a nearby fort where there was an evelated walkway where he couldnt get to me and killed.him off with my flaming hands.

To: patch 384 of 773
the real so and so's are the sabre tooth snow leopard thingies that sneak up and swat you down the sides of mountain passes, one caught me a good un and I literally skidded to my death.....
To: Dave!! 385 of 773

From what people said on here the horse mod sounds useful, not that I have one yet. They sound very unhorselike without it.

I also increase the FOV as I find it too narrow on my monitor. Might be different on a widescreen monitor.

To: ALL386 of 773
Right all this chat, I'm off to play it right now Level 20 and I still havent seen the GreyBeards to continue the main quest as I'm having so much fun with the side quests, oh and watch out for being turned into a vampire, hint : always use a shrine after every major mission if you get to stage 4 vamparism everyone npc attacks you on sight and you need to get the cure which is a pain and a fiddle :)
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 387 of 773
I dunno, I increase it to 85 on my monitor (27", 16:9 ratio) which makes it a lot less claustrophobic.
To: af (CAER) 388 of 773

I think the default is 60 which I find makes it uncomfortable to play. I think I changed it to 75.

I had another wander last night and loved standing at the top of a snowy mountain looking over a valley full of trees with huge mountains the other side. It's a very beautiful game.

To: Matt 389 of 773
Has the 1.2 patch been released for the PC? Just reading about the patch for the PS3 which has introduced new bugs including backwards flying dragons. They recommend avoiding it.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 390 of 773
Oh Bethesda :'D

I'm sort of glad but also sad I haven't played it yet (getting it for Christmas from parents). Sounds like I'm missing out on all the fun.
To: Matt 391 of 773

It also breaks a couple of my smithing mods too. One plus side I've found from it is that the FOV for my 16:10 monitor is now set to 85 by default. No more having to enter the console every time I launch the game to change it!

On the down side, they added the stupid unskippable "Bethesda" logo back after I'd explicitly deleted it earlier. That annoyed me a bit and meant another trek into my Steamapps folder to remove it again.

I hate unskippable logos with a passion :(

EDITED: 1 Dec 2011 13:03 by DAVE!!
To: Dave!! 392 of 773
Are the controls or menus or inventory bits modified at all? I tried the inventory mod but it didn't work for some reason. Unskippable intros :@ I deleted the video after a couple of times starting the game.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 393 of 773
Don't know. I'm still using the inventory mod. Worked fine for me, all you have to do is to just unzip it into your Skyrim\Data folder and it should work fine from there.