Skyrim

To: ALL259 of 773
Oh, the Thieves Guild missions. I'll try and do this without spoilers, but just in case:

The first half is alright, though I got confused when they make a thing about not killing people, and then send me to a house that's full of armed guards and I have to hack my way through them. The second half, though, is such a disappointment. What feels like endless crappy little generic missions, leading up to slightly bigger scripted missions that aren't exactly difficult. And nowhere does it tell you that you need to start doing those little missions once you've finished the first half of the storyline.
To: patch 260 of 773
I've only done that first mission too. The 'don't kill anyone' confused me. Do the guards count? But they also said 'don't kill anyone' and then said 'if the elf gives you any trouble, kill him'. Which all left me rather confused. So I did it entirely sneakily without killing any guards, just in case. This was not recognised in any way during the mission debriefing, which was sad.

That's as far as I've got so far. I'm not sure I like the thieves in Skyrim. In previous games there was always something a bit cartoony about them. They were kinda cutely bumbling and pretty harmless. More of a romantic robin hood played for comedy kinda thing. In Skyrim they're more of a mafia-like criminal organisation who are actually quite nasty. I may just stop working for them and get on with destroying the Dark Brotherhood. We'll see
To: patch 261 of 773
That mission was nice though. Felt very Deus Exy actually.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 262 of 773
Cliff Racers OMG almost as irritating as Cliff Richard.
To: MrTrent 263 of 773
Solitude's in Haafingar, not Natch. I think Natch is in Morrowind (nod)

Also, I got some steel plate armour to replace my dwarven one and now my lovely dwarven helmet and boots look silly. They don't match at all :(

I've not let any dragons start appearing yet.

When I was level 9 or so I decided I was going to join the Imperial Legion, mostly just in the hope there'd be some nice heavy armour as rewards or something. I'm level 18 now and I only just got to Solitude. I got sidetracked :$

Has anyone done the Red Eagle questline?

The last boss (Red Eagle himself) is pretty tough - I had to drink numerous potions and stick on my Berserker Rage to be able to kill him without dying in 2 hits
EDITED: 21 Nov 2011 10:31 by CAER
To: af (CAER) 264 of 773
This is what happens when you let people see you. Lol @ u, visible-boy.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 265 of 773
I do quite like my greatsword that sets people on fire when I hit them. And how there's a 25% chance I'll decapitate someone when I do a power move on them.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 266 of 773
No doubt a mod will come out soon for that. I had a dragon yesterday which attacked me for short while, then decided to attack two nearby mammoths - which totally owned it! That was quite cool.
To: af (CAER) 267 of 773
My daggers have a 100% chance of stabbing someone. And when I do so, they have 100% chance of dying :Y
EDITED: 21 Nov 2011 11:21 by X3N0PH0N
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 268 of 773
They get slightly less nasty further on, but they're still a bit Mafia, which kind of makes sense.

I really must get on with the Dark Brotherhood quests, though they also seem even more of a bunch of psychos than in Oblivion and I'm not sure I like hanging around with them. I'm trying to get through some of the other missions I've picked up first, though. My journal's quest list is ridiculously long. Some people have probably been standing in a temple waiting for me to come and meet them for months now.
To: patch 269 of 773
Hahaha aye. The quest list is both massively long and completely disorganised. And shit.

I have things in there which say stuff like "speak to darlos about bryna".

I have /no idea/ what the fuck that is about. And no clue is given.
To: Drew (X3N0PH0N) 270 of 773
I finished one quest, that I vaguely remember picking up, which ended up with me meeting a chatty Daedra who was just after a laugh. I have no idea what it was about. I wouldn't have minded, but it involved unexpectedly teleporting me out of a dungeon somewhere and then putting me back somewhere completely different. I can't remember where the dungeon was, which is a bit irritating as I'd only got halfway through it.
To: patch 271 of 773
:'D

I can't wait until someone mods the UI into usability.
To: patch 272 of 773
I did the quest in the abandoned house in Markarth, which ended up with me having to beat a defenceless priest to death with a scary-looking spiked mace. I felt awful doing it :( And I'm not even trained in one-handed weapons, so the reward wasn't even useful.
EDITED: 21 Nov 2011 13:26 by CAER
To: af (CAER) 273 of 773
You Monster :'S

(I sent a dude I really liked to prison to get into the thieves :( )
To: ALL274 of 773
Actually quite a major complaint.

Big spoilers for anyone who's not done the Dark Brotherhood yet.

Okay, so i've murdered the Emperor. Awesome. Something this big must have ramifications for the world. There's a civil war going on, with Skyrim tyring to free itself from the clutches of the empire, so having the emperor be murdered should have some impact on that storyline. It should at least be mentioned next time i vist Jarl Stormcloak to ask which bunch of imperials he wants me to kill next. Failing that, it should at least be mentioned in conversation around town.

No. Absolutely nobody gives the slightest fuck that the fucking emperor has just been fucking murdered by the fucking dark brotherhood. Nobody.

It almost seems like a waste of time doing it.
To: MrTrent 275 of 773
Maybe you missed.

(But yeah, I've noticed this a lot. There seems to be way less in world 'feedback' about what you do and how you do it)
EDITED: 21 Nov 2011 15:09 by X3N0PH0N
To: patch 276 of 773
Fair enough, I'd read some articles about it being really buggy, Jim Rosignol on Rock Paper Shotgun absolutely slated the UI too, still can't wait to play it!
To: Woggy 277 of 773
The GUI is annoying, especially trying to find out what poisons etc. are affecting you, but the majority of your time in the game is spent doing stuff in the world, not the menus, so it doesn't really affect the enjoyment a whole lot. The best way to cope, I found, is to not bother with the mouse - stick to WASD to navigate the menu.
To: af (CAER) 278 of 773
I agree. They could be better (they couldn't be a great deal worse). But one interacts with them so little it's of little importance.

The favouriting things needs sorting though. There's no way to consistently get unmatched paired weapons out with keys. That is annoying.