Regular expression understanding

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 51 of 57
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Nov 2011 10:32
To: Mizzy 52 of 57
Is/was BBT funny though? And not in a toe-curlingly embarrassing way like Friends?

Actually, I found Friends too embarrassing to be funny. But I accept that I may be in the minority on that.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 53 of 57

What was embarrassing about Friends? Did it remind you too much of your own twentysomething exploits in a New York apartment you could somehow afford to live in despite working in areas of employment which would, in the real world, not pay you enough to live on?

To put it in terms you'll understand, BBT is funnier than Terry and June but not as good as The Two Ronnies.

EDITED: 1 Nov 2011 10:41 by WINGNUTKJ
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Nov 2011 11:11
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 54 of 57
What was embarrassing about Friends? Did it remind you too much of your own twentysomething exploits in a New York apartment you could somehow afford to live in despite working in areas of employment which would, in the real world, not pay you enough to live on?

That pretty much sums it up. Actually, I think it was also the gushing Americaness of it all. Parts ot it were OK, but then there was Kudrow and Aniston.
To put it in terms you'll understand, BBT is funnier than Terry and June but not as good as The Two Ronnies.

That bad? Oi :(
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 55 of 57
To put it in more realistic terms, if you find the OCD/Autistic antics of intelligent-but-lacking-in-common-sense people amusing, it's funnier than arguing EMACS vs VI with PB.
EDITED: 1 Nov 2011 11:17 by WINGNUTKJ
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 56 of 57

I find it quite funny, and over the years I've met worked with or am friends with a lot of the personality types on BBT. I suppose you find stuff you can identify with funny.

It's hugely more amusing than the IT crowd which
I found cliched, if somebody quotes 'have your turned it off and on again' I'll electrocute them, although I did spend lots of time pausing an episode and looking at the contents of the shelves.
there's other stuff in the it crowd I have a problem with as well but life's to short :-)

Friends was ok to waste a half hour but I'd never go out of my way to watch it.

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 1 Nov 2011 13:19
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 57 of 57
Now you're selling it!