VHS to DVD

To: Dave!! 5 of 9
Interlacing/deinterlacing is probably going to be the issue once it's captured, though I do have a feeling that the PVR-250 card can capture progressive. I'll have to check.
To: ANT_THOMAS 6 of 9
Granted I've only tried it with my PVR-150, and that was limited to interlaced capturing.
To: ANT_THOMAS 7 of 9

Most recently I used a Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder. Scart from the video player and record either to a RAM DVD to edit on my computer (the recording format is basically MPEG2) or to the recorder's HDD from where it can be edited and written to a recordable DVD with the onboard Panasonic editor/burner.

I've done the same with capture cards in the past, an ATI AIW x800 and a Hollywood+ thing, but the results weren't as good. Then again, these weren't especially good cards.

Edit: it occurs to me that if you videos are commercial, then my recorder method would probably fail as Panasonic (at least) pays close attention to nonsense like macrovision.

EDITED: 13 Sep 2011 13:43 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 8 of 9

Not commercial, old camcorder videos.

My last attempt ages ago with a holiday video was with a software TV card and the results were an interlaced mess. Hopefully this attempt will be better, especially since they're not my videos!

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)13 Sep 2011 21:04
To: ANT_THOMAS 9 of 9
I may (not) give a damn Anthony.