To: graphitone 29 of 80
He's 78.
To: graphitone 30 of 80

T_T T_T T_T

(Mrs.D)

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 31 of 80
Well, I was close.
To: ALL32 of 80
I heard an American refer to Tunisia as "choo-nee-shah" the other day. It made me very angry.
Message 38225.33 was deleted
To: ALL34 of 80
If anyone's interested in going ons in Libya and Egypt as they happen Andy Carvin on Twitter is good to follow. Bare in mind he'll flood your feed and some of it is harrowing stuff but he's good.
To: Mouse 35 of 80
What about those of us interested in the goings on, but in a literate and coherent form, preferably with some evidence of journalistic ability, instead of a bunch of uncontexted retweeted crud? :@
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 36 of 80

That's Twitter Peter. There's noise, there's bullshit and then there's truth and there's quite poignant stuff.

I suggest you go to your local newsagents and buy a newspaper.

To: Mouse 37 of 80
Buy me a newspaper and type up the good bits for me to read. :@
To: Mouse 38 of 80
Also, why is the UN so shit at all this stuff!?

As far as I can tell, everyone in the whole world thinks Garfield should piss off.

Why can't they park a handful of big battleships in the Med and tell him to do it?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 39 of 80
I'll buy you a sketch book, some Pritt Stick and you can do it yourself.

Seriously though, the point of following an unfolding news story on Twitter for me is you've got 1,000s of sources coming from all directions, from all view points and you treat each one with your own journalistic scepticism. It's messy, and it's harder than reading a newspaper, but I think you get a better idea and a wider understanding of what's going on.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 40 of 80
I don't think Libyan's "Rebels" (I fucking hate that word, they went from 'Protesters' to 'Rebels' at the point they started getting slaughtered) want foreigners coming in and actually intervening. I don't think they'd mind being helped but they don't want an Iraq situation.
To: Mouse 41 of 80
Trying to read Twitter is like trying to read YouTube comments, except with a really incredibly shit UI and arbitrarily limited messages interspersed with gunk, where 90% of messages is people re-fucking-tweeting all the damned time, because the stupid service doesn't let them just say "why not read this" in a sensible fashion. And don't even get me started on the complete and utter farce of threading the steaming turd pile uses. :@

(I don't like Twitter.)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 42 of 80

Because the Russkies & Chines won't play along with the West being suddenly seized with utterly phony outrage?

Let's see what happens now in Saudi Arabia...

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 43 of 80
I do know what you mean, it's nothing like Youtube comments though, they're just 90% trolling. It's democracy. Democracy's messy.
To: Mouse 44 of 80
I'm pretty sure all the people dying just want the bastard gone. It's probably mostly the "rebel" government that don't want foreigners coming along?

Anyway, seems like the perfect opportunity for the relevant countries to say "yeah, we fucked up Iraq, but look, we're going to go in, get the ugly guy, then go back to our boats and do some fishing, whilst the good guys get themselves sorted out, and we're just over here if they need more help."

Instead, the dumb UK government try to sneak in half a dozen Grant Mitchells. Idiots. :/
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 45 of 80
Aye, it's fucked up. Don't think there's really an easy answer. Going in, capping Qaddafi, Qadhdhaafiy, Khaddafi, Q'udafi whatever his bloody name is won't just solve everything I imagine. But he, his family and his cohorts are evil bastards and should get fucked.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 46 of 80
or maybe the dumb UK government could just fuck off and let Libya sort it out for themselves

we simply CANNOT go about the world deciding which leaders we like and which are a bit of a PITA (today)

why? cos we (the west) ALWAYS fuck it up
To: Mouse 47 of 80
Chrome called him Garfield so I went with that. :)
To: JonCooper 48 of 80
I don't like the idea of standing around letting people die. :/

It's not a question of deciding leaders - seems pretty clear that decision has already been made.

If a dog goes crazy and attacks its family, it gets put down.

If a ruler goes crazy and attacks their own people, they should also be dealt with.