Teh Mine

To: Mikee 3531 of 3934
quote:
a lot of the mods integrate nicely with each other

This is not a feature, this is how things should be!

(In all things, not just MC mods.)
To: ALL3532 of 3934
1.2.4 is out with a few new things and a bunch of bugfixes, thanks to the new hires:

quote:
+ Chat history and much better chat editing
+ A few new decoration blocks
+ "Back" and "Quit" buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
+ Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
+ Added a "minimal" debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
* Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
* Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
* Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
* Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
* Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
* Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
* Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
* Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
* Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
* Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
* Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
* Fixed the "flickering" of chat as it vanishes off the screen
* Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
* Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
* Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
* Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
* Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
* Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
* Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
* "save-all" (server) now works even when you have toggled "save-off"
* Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
* Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
* Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
* Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
* Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying

Although I'm not updating since I assume we need to wait at least for the server to update, if not a new Bukkit release too?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3533 of 3934
Yes we do, and yes I'll sort it. I'm sure bukkit releases should be quicker now they're more involved with Minecraft.... Aren't they?
To: ALL3534 of 3934

If anyone wants to try out tekkit, I quickly stuck a version of it onto one of my small servers to see what it's like.

Connect to capturize.it :)

To: Mikee 3535 of 3934
It's running on a server I've been on and, while I personally fucking hated it (probably more due to a general boredom with MC than anything else (also I just tend to dislike modding games)) I agree it'd be pretty cool for people who like tinkering ( < not racist) around with mechanisms and stuff because it has fuck lots of that. I mean... nuclear reactors? Mental.
To: ALL3536 of 3934

Went on survival and it was night time, got killed by a zombie and a skeleton. Respawned, went back, killed a creeper with the help of a skeleton and then killed said skeleton. Ran to someone's house (BP's?) waiting for light.

Starting during the day is definitely a critical factor in whether or not you can get anything done in survival.

To: ALL3537 of 3934
WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN? :-@
To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 3538 of 3934

If you're still there, go into the upstairs bit and remove some mud/brick - it's only one layer thick, so you can get out before he follows.

Oh, and if there's anything left in the chest/furnaces, go ahead and use it - I've gone off to build a bigger place for myself.

EDITED: 23 Mar 2012 15:16 by BOUGHTONP
To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 3539 of 3934
Also, where is the actual spawn point?

I was going to put some beds around it for exactly that reason, but I couldn't remember where it was.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3540 of 3934
That wasn't in your place, that was my own little hole in the side of the hill. After taking that screenshot I accidentally opened the door and let it in, but I managed to avoid the explosion and he actually renovated the place quite nicely, a win all round I think.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3541 of 3934

The spawn is in the middle of a little ring of torches not far from your house. I accidentally destroyed a few of them while fighting off a zombie and couldn't replace them due to weird glitchy lagging. :-/

It would be good to make some kind of one-way safe house at the spawn, something that's safe to spawn into but that you can't run back to one you leave it.

To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 3542 of 3934
Spawn area is protected from building/mining, except by a mod.

Could build a wall around it, with iron doors and pressure plates to make it one-way, but I was just thinking of a little hut or two to wait out the night until people can get themselves prepared.
To: ANT_THOMAS 3543 of 3934
Forgot to reply to this earlier.

quote:
I'm sure bukkit releases should be quicker now they're more involved with Minecraft.... Aren't they?

Well they're official Mojang staff now, and are the ones responsible for the changes in this release (jeb was jetting around doing conference stuff).

Dunno how it will affect things though - might make things quicker, or it might mean they're spending most of their time on Minecraft and leaving less people/time working on Bukkit - but this is the first change since them joining, so I guess we'll see how quickly it happens...
To: ALL3544 of 3934
Found out what this means:
quote:
+ A few new decoration blocks

Two new craftable blocks:
* smooth sandstone = 4×Sandstone
* hieroglyphic sandstone = 2×Slabs

And wooden planks now come in four colours, related to their source log/tree.

On one hand, it makes it possible to do interesting wood decorations.

On the other hand, it probably means they wont stack, and thus will clog up inventories.

Would have preferred coloured wood to be done via dyes, which would allow for even more variety without taking unnecessary space.
To: ALL3545 of 3934
I put an emergency shelter next to spawn - it's very basic, but has a couple of doors to make it easier to avoid mobs.

So yeah, if you start at night just head for a bed. :)

(And if anyone wants to make it a bit prettier or more robust, go ahead - I used wood simply because I forgot to bring anything else with me.)

I've also marked out the corners of the restricted area. It's kinda odd in that I could actually dig dirt blocks, but couldn't replace them.

Also, I placed one water source, but then couldn't place any more (nor remove the original one again)
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3546 of 3934
So yeah, if you start at night just head for a bed. :)

I tried that. I used the bed in your house but it did the same thing that it does on Teh main server world and just sits you in it and brings up the chat log until you get out.
To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 3547 of 3934
Um, only for a few seconds, and then dawn arrives and you automatically exit.

(Unless there are other people online; everyone needs to sleep for it to skip ahead.)

Pretty sure it worked fine on the old map too, but it's so long since I tried on that (what with being able to do /time day instead there) that I don't remember for sure.
EDITED: 24 Mar 2012 04:17 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3548 of 3934
I was the only person online at the time, and I've tried sleeping in the main world and never noticed it skipping to daytime. :-/
To: Oscarvarium (OZGUR) 3549 of 3934
There's no reason the server should let me sleep but not you? :/ Maybe you should backup and reinstall your client?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 3550 of 3934
Has he tried turning it off and on again?