Camden Market on Fire

To: ALL1 of 11

quote: BBC
Up to 100 firefighters are tackling a major blaze that is spreading rapidly through London's famous Camden Market.

There are no reports of casualties so far but London Fire Brigade said people were reported trapped in the fire.

:( Hope all Teh Londoners are ok. And all the Londoners for that matter. I like Camden Market, nicest place in London from my brief experiences.
To: Mouse 2 of 11
Blimey, I have an ex-gf who's been running a business there for over 25 years. Hope she's OK.
To: Mouse 3 of 11
I have been out in Camden tonight! It has been awfully exciting. As far as I know nobody has been hurt, but I feel a little bad for the markets, which sold nice tea.
To: Mouse 4 of 11

You mean the place that property developers have been circling like vultures for years has mysteriously gone up in flames?!

Fucking cnut. Hope everyone/thing is OK and that this isn't the beginning of the end :(

To: koswix 5 of 11
that was my thinking too, we used to have a tudor hotel in town that fell into disrepair because maintainance was too much, then it caught fire, now theres a supermarket where it used to be
To: Mouse 6 of 11

I got a txt from a friend asking if I was fine. Which I am.

Wasn't there last night but I had been in Camden that afternoon.

Good to hear that no one was hurt.

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)10 Feb 2008 22:09
To: Voltane 7 of 11
quote: Voltane
I got a txt from a friend asking if I was fine. Which I am.

Wasn't there last night but I had been in Camden that afternoon.

It's a bit bewildering, isn't it? When 911 occurred, I received a call from a US colleague asking if I was alright. I was in S.E. London at the time (Elephant & Castle, to be precise), so it left me all WTF? :?
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 8 of 11
Maybe he was enquiring as to your mental wellbeing after such a shocking event. Did you get counciling?
From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)10 Feb 2008 22:56
To: koswix 9 of 11

No, I maintained a stiff upper lip.

I almost needed counselling a few weeks later though, when I was in the US and the company stated that it was gonna put travel restrictions due to heightened alert. The idea of being stuck in that damned country almost sent me postal. Thank fuck I managed to get out.

I hope to god I never have to go back.

EDITED: 10 Feb 2008 22:57 by MR_BASTARD
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 10 of 11
Bless 'em. Even in the 21st Century the Americans persist in the belief that the UK is about the size of Camberwick Green, and that if the Queen farts , we all smell it.
To: JonCooper 11 of 11
Happens round here, too. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?