Who ate all the text?

To: ALL1 of 9
Dunno if it's a forum issue or a hotel internet issue, but 3 or 4 posts I've tried to make today have just vanished when I hit enter, closely followed by a beehive error message telling me the message must have some content
To: william 2 of 9
Was happening to me earlier in Lite mode too. Around the time that replies were turning up in the wrong threads.
To: william 3 of 9

So, it's responding like you've clicked the Post button?

As in, you're typing away like and you hit Enter, say you want to start a new paragraph, but rather than a new line appearing it's like you've clicked the Post button next to the Colour drop down / at the bottom of the field?

Does the problem manifest itself if you type a single line post and click the Post button without pressing Enter?

And, are you using TinyMCE (WYSIWYG HTML toolbar) or the built-in Beehive Simple HTML toolbar?

To: Matt 4 of 9

It happens when I hit the post button.

It happens whether I've typed a single line and attempted to post or typed several paragraphs and attempted to post. The message text entry window clears and the error message is displayed.

It isn't happening in response to the enter/carriage return button on the keyboard - only the post button. 

It's the WYSIWYG toolbar. 

Assuming this post works then it isn't happening when I use Firefox. 

To: william 5 of 9

Switch back to The Simple HTML toolbar, reload the post page and then revert back to the WYSIWYG toolbar and see if that helps.

Otherwise it seems there is a bug in TinyMCE somewhere or BH's implementation of it, but I wouldn't have a clue where.

To: Matt 6 of 9
quote:
Switch back to The Simple HTML toolbar, reload the post page

So far so good...
To: Matt 7 of 9
quote:
and then revert back to the WYSIWYG toolbar

...and that completes the fix

Sadly not :-(

Still does it when I go back to the WYSIWYG toolbar, so I guess your second assumption is correct.

It looks as though resetting Linn's preferences to default was a work around/fix - unless that just pointed her at the simple HTML toolbar as well.
To: Matt 8 of 9
There have been many new versions of TinyMCE since the one included with BH, if you didn't already know..
To: andy 9 of 9

Yep, yep. Upgraded the copy in CVS to the latest release last night and have patched the Beehive plugins to work correctly.

Haven't upgraded the version here yet though. Will do that some time soon.