Minor annoyance when editing.

To: ALL1 of 14
When making a post, i have "HTML in message" set to "Enabled with auto-line-breaks" by default, but if i edit a post it reverts back to just "enabled". This means that any line breaks i put in the edit will not be there unless i remember to either pur in the tags or re-select the Enabled with auto-line-breaks option. Which i always forget to do. Like i said, it's a minor annoyance. But an annoyance it remains. Example edit: these words should be seperated by line breaks, but they won't be.
EDITED: 18 Oct 2007 15:42 by MRTRENT
To: MrTrent 2 of 14

Post an example of what causes it but don't edit the post.

Edit: Unless it's all the time, but it shouldn't be. It should only change to Enabled if it encounters HTML more complex than <p> and <br /> (I think).

EDITED: 18 Oct 2007 17:56 by MATT
To: andy 3 of 14
This is probably something you'd be better off looking at.
To: MrTrent 4 of 14
I think I've fixed it, without breaking anything else. If you'd be so kind as to check.
To: Matt 5 of 14
Test sentence 1

test sentence 2

test sentence 3

test edit
EDITED: 31 Oct 2007 17:01 by MRTRENT
To: Matt 6 of 14
All good.
To: Matt 7 of 14
We are new to the Beehive Forum community and I am just learning Php.
We are having a bit of trouble with the Emoticons.

In a former version of our Beehive forum (before it was trashed), we were able to drag and drop all of our figures onto the reply page.

Now with our newly re-installed and release 071, we can click and transfer the standard default emoticons, but not the added images.
We cannot drag and drop any of them.

Where might I look to identify and repair the problem?

Thank you all for such a terrific software application.
To: harvey1941 8 of 14
Sorry to say this, but Beehive has never provided any drag and drop functionality for the emoticons. If you used to be able to do this it's because your browser or TinyMCE (if you have it installed) allows, not Beehive.

For emoticons you've added, if they don't appear in the emoticon box on the post page and you don't have a More link to open the popup they're not installed correctly.

To install them correctly you can try the guide available here.
To: Matt 9 of 14
Matt, thank you for the information and for the link to that explanation.
I will give that a try.

Appreciate your response, that was rather quick.

I was trying to link our site into the site registry at the beehive forum but it kept asking for a forum login and I had none. Any idea, would that now be the same as the login I use for this forum. Are they linked?

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your help.
To: harvey1941 10 of 14
You need to sign up for a user account on the 'Test Forum' on beehiveforum.net, which is separate from here. It's simply to prevent spammers from hitting the page. Same with the Wiki.
To: Matt 11 of 14
Aha, makes sense.  Thanks much.
HH
To: Matt 12 of 14
aha. brilliant. that involves message_split_fiddle doesn't it?
To: andy 13 of 14

Nope, it turned out it was the MessageText class in post.inc.php.

Splitting the signature from the post content resulted in a trailing new-line char being added to the post content which when passed through add_paragraphs() was converted to a <br /> which forced Beehive to use full HTML mode rather than auto-line break mode.

Fixed it by simply trim()-ing the content before passing it through add_paragraphs().

To: Matt 14 of 14
niice. i bet i'd hate my old code so much if i looked at it now - i tend to find fault with code i wrote a week before, nevermind [however many years it's been since i did anything for BH]!