Northern Meat (now 10th Nov)

To: ALL196 of 518

Right, for flipping hecks sake...

10th November then. It's done. Don't change it again or I'll thcweam.

To: ALL197 of 518
Aww, I can't edit the title.
To: Jo (JELLS) 198 of 518
The ones I'm looking at today are Air Transat  - including taxes it was going to be about $475. 

Last week I could have gotten a seat on an US airline (I think may have been Delta, but don't remember for sure) for $310, including all taxes. I'm hoping something like that comes up again.

To: ALL199 of 518
Blimey, it'll be fucking January by the time we get around to meating the way the schedule is slipping. I can make the 10th of November as things currently stand, but no more slipperyage please!
To: Linn (INDYLS) 200 of 518
Ah... i know i keep getting email promos from Zoom (flyzoom.ca) with all sorts of specials. Have you looked at them? They had flights (one way) from $99 (before taxes and such).
To: Jo (JELLS) 201 of 518
No, never heard of it. I'll check it out. You know of this company?
To: Manthorp 202 of 518

Jayzus, you're worse than a bunch of women in a clothes shop... *cough*

Mr Manthorp, since 10th of November might be feasible as it's after payday, do you by any really remote chance still have dogbasketness for two Londoners? We can sleep really close together, funnily enough - we'd even bring sleeping bags'n'all, so a space on some sort of floor would suffice. Ithankyou.

Also, I'm a bit confused about where the meat is, where Manthrop Towers are, etc (yes I know I've been there before, but I'm SO much older and forgetful now).

EDITED: 27 Sep 2007 09:26 by NUKKLEAR
To: Linn (INDYLS) 203 of 518

I've used them a couple of times, and I kknow others on here have too.

They're OK, pretty basic though. If you can get a cheap seat on another airline I'd probably go for that instead. If you go Zoom it's welll worth paying the extra for 'premium economy' - basically extra leg room and the stewards actually acknowledge your existence.

Where you flying from?

To: Linn (INDYLS) 204 of 518
We've flown with Zoom - they're no frills, but fine. You get more legroom with the usual seats than you do with Air Canada. Certainly no worse than Air Transat (and maybe better since i've heard real horror stories from people who've flown with Air Transat).
To: koswix 205 of 518
quote:
If you can get a cheap seat on another airline I'd probably go for that instead.

She's considering Air Transat. I've heard real horror stories about that airline. Zoom couldn't possibly be any worse.

quote:
If you go Zoom it's welll worth paying the extra for 'premium economy' - basically extra leg room

Well, the regular economy seats have way more legroom than Air Canada, for example, so unless she's 6'8" or something, the regular economy would probably be fine.
To: Jo (JELLS) 206 of 518

>>She's considering Air Transat. I've heard real horror stories about that airline. Zoom couldn't possibly be any worse.

I've had my share of Zoom horror stories - nothing like being delayed by 23 hours at Gatwick Airport, when no one from the airline seems to have a clue what's going on.

But point taken. When Zoom works they're fine.

>>Well, the regular economy seats have way more legroom than Air Canada, for example, so unless she's 6'8" or something, the regular economy would probably be fine.

8-O really?! I only just fit my legs in the seats we had when flying cattle class (I'm 5'11"), and my missus was in pain most of the way (she's 6'1")

To: koswix 207 of 518
I'd be flying out of Toronto. I'm 5'3 so can squeeze into pretty tight places if I have to.

So are we for sure for sure? Its the 10th, come hell or hight water? 

To: Linn (INDYLS) 208 of 518
If it changes again I'm flouncing.
To: Mouse 209 of 518
Like you'd have the will power to stay away.
To: koswix 210 of 518
quote:
really?! I only just fit my legs in the seats we had when flying cattle class (I'm 5'11"), and my missus was in pain most of the way (she's 6'1")

Well, the one time we flew with Zoom from Montreal to London, we found it very spacious compared to Air Canada. I'm 5'4" and Jon's 6'2" and it was definitely better. However, we flew Air Canada back in January when we had to go over for his mum's funeral. That turned out OK because the flight wasn't sold out and so we were able to grab our own row each and stretch out.
EDITED: 27 Sep 2007 15:23 by JELLS
To: koswix 211 of 518
I CAN QUIT ANYTIME I WANT :'(
To: Mouse 212 of 518
STEP AWAY FROM TEH MEAT, MOUSE :Y
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 213 of 518
Of course you can, Serge, as long as you don't play Hide the Snake again. Or not the literal version, anyway.

York is in York, whereas Manthorp Towers is in Steeton. The key difference is that we have Richard Chamley, Butcher, and they have a Minster. We're not prepared to swap.
To: ALL214 of 518

Sorry - was away all day in London again, so I couldn't post. Any chance we could make it the 14th of Doctem@~%^$*explodes*

But anyway - I think the important thing right now is for Lindy to be safe in the knowledge that the date isn't going to change unless she gets a fantabulous flight deal on another date or something.

My experiences of Zoom have been adequate, but emotionally fraught, and a damn sight more expensive than most, what with booking return flights, then having to change the return leg, TWICE. Legroom was just about adequate. I can remember that the pasta they served was possibly the worst food I've ever had on an aircraft, and possibly the worst food I've ever had anywhere. Except maybe that restaurant in Pisa, where they served us microwaved pasta in foil containers, possibly from the same batch as Zoom got.

Air Canada, I haven't flown with for about 10 years, so can't really comment. There was another lot starting up doing cheap flights between the UK and Canada, but I never found out what they were like before it all went pear-shaped. These days, I'm off transatlantic travel.

To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 215 of 518

Fucking hell man, don't try and sell that flight or anything will you?

Btw, modnazis. If you could add/alter to the tiltle of this thread saying something indicating that the North foreverescheduled meat is now on the 10TH OF NOVEMBER, that would be grand. Also, you shoud make it sticky, just in case any members of Red Watch happen to be surfing.

I would be thankful theodore.