Northern Meat (now 10th Nov)

To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 125 of 518

Dear Kenny,

Have you managed to find out about trains yet? I ask because I was hoping to go and buy my tickets this afternoon and obviously it's better if you Glasgows sort out which train we're getting as you're the only ones doing the first leg.

Many thanks,

Boff

To: DrBoff (BOFF) 126 of 518
I have not, but I'll try to get it done today.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 127 of 518
And by today, I meant "Friday".

I've found out a bit more about why the trains seem to be odd for that Saturday:

Start date: Saturday 20 October 2007
End date: Sunday 21 October 2007

Route Affected: London Kings Cross / Birmingham New Street, Peterborough, Doncaster / Sheffield / Leeds, York, Darlington, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, & Aberdeen / Inverness

TOC/s Affected: GNER, Northern Rail, Virgin Trains

Description: GNER will operate a limited service to and from Scotland via Carlisle, the majority of trains will be through services not requiring passengers to change trains. There are separate services terminating / starting at Newcastle requiring passengers to change trains at Newcastle for connecting services to / from Scotland. Replacement coaches will serve customers from Morpeth, Alnmouth, Berwick-on-Tweed, Dunbar and Motherwell. GNER will not operate a service to Glasgow Central.

Virgin Trains services will start and terminate at Newcastle. Connecting services will operate between Newcastle via Carlisle to Edinburgh. Journey times will be extended by approximately one hour. Virgin Trains replacement coaches will run between Newcastle and intermediate stations to Edinburgh.

Northern Rail services will not be able to run north of Morpeth. Buses will be provided between Morpeth and Chathill, calling as advertised.

And
quote:

Engineering work between Edinburgh Waverley, Bathgate and Linlithgow from Saturday 20 October to Sunday 21 October 2007

Start date: Saturday 20 October 2007

Route Affected: Edinburgh / Bathgate, Edinburgh Park, Linlithgow, Falkirk High, Falkirk Grahamston & Glasgow Queen Street

TOC/s Affected: First ScotRail

Description: Edinburgh / Glasgow Queen Street services will start/terminate at Falkirk High.
Edinburgh / Dunblane services will start/terminate at Falkirk Grahamston.
Edinburgh / Bathgate services are withdrawn.
Edinburgh / West Calder services are withdrawn. An additional train service will operate between Glasgow Central and Edinburgh (via Shotts) and will also replace the West Calder service as applicable.
Replacement buses will operate between Falkirk High and Edinburgh, Falkirk Grahamston and Edinburgh and Bathgate and Edinburgh calling at all booked stations in both directions.

And (affecting the dogbasketeers):
quote:

Engineering work between Leeds, Shipley and Guiseley on Sunday 21 October 2007

Start date: Sunday 21 October 2007

Route Affected: Leeds, Shipley, Bradford Forster Square, Keighley, Guiseley, Skipton, Carlisle / Morecambe & Lancaster / Ilkley.

TOC/s Affected: Northern Rail

Description: Northern Rail services between Leeds and Bradford Forster Square will be replaced by buses calling at all intermediate stations in both directions.
Services between Leeds and Skipton will start / terminate at Shipley. A connecting bus service will operate between Leeds and Shipley calling at all intermediate stations in both directions.
Services between Leeds and Morecambe will start / terminate at Bradford Forster Square.
Services between Leeds and Ilkley will start / terminate at Guiseley A connecting bus service will operate between Guiseley and Leeds calling at all intermediate stations in both directions
Services between Leeds and Settle will be diverted to terminate / start at Bradford Forster Square

And (for me, at least)
quote:

Engineering work between Glasgow Central and Paisley Gilmour Street on Sunday 21 October 2007

Start date: Sunday 21 October 2007

Route Affected: Glasgow Central, Paisley Gilmour Street, Gourock / Wemyss Bay / Largs, Ardrossan Harbour, Ayr, & Stranraer

TOC/s Affected: First ScotRail

Description: First ScotRail services between Glasgow Central and Paisley Gilmour Street will be replaced by buses in both directions. Extra bus services will operate in morning and evening peak periods between Wemyss Bay / Gourock and Glasgow Central calling at all intermediate stations.

:(

Pretty much every train I would normally be taking is disrupted that weekend. Baws.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 128 of 518

Starting to look like a bit of a ballache trying to get there/back.

To: koswix 129 of 518
Yeah - I'm wondering if we should force the southern-puff "Northerners" to move it to another date. Unless Lindy's actually going to do her crazy trip from Canada and has booked tickets or anything.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 130 of 518
If Lindy makes it from Canada and the Scotch contingent fails... well, we'll never live it down (fail)
To: koswix 131 of 518

Surely at least one of you has a car, or a horse and cart, or whatever the equivalent is in the technological level that Scotchland has reached.

I'm assuming you've got as far as the wheel?

To: patch 132 of 518

Indeed. If Manthrob is able to provide dogbasket facilities then driving down, spending the night at Manthrob towers then driving back on Sunday might well be a lot easier.

I'll have to see how badly the disruption affects me. Hopefully it won't be a problem as I'm only one stop down on the train from Darlo to York.

To: Manthorp 133 of 518
quote:
ASSUMING I am in attendance, the dog basket is thrown open, as ever, to anybody whose online moniker doesn't rhyme with Spazzo.

Fuck you too, you goatfucking racist bastard.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 134 of 518
I haven't booked yet (I've been waiting to see if an important work event would ge in the way).  So, if you guys want to change, go for it.   
To: WAZZO 135 of 518
Sorry, sorry, I should have said; open to anybody whose name begins with M and rhymes with Spazzo.
To: Manthorp 136 of 518
You're a naughty boy.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 137 of 518
Well booo. However, this may work out better for me as I have a presentation to give on the Monday.
To: koswix 138 of 518
If I come, the Scotch contingent can't fail

>:-(

I want to meat all of you!

To: Linn (INDYLS) 139 of 518

If you come then we'll be there, even if we have to ride into town on wild hagis.

Although that could be dangerous as I seem to recall that it's still legal in York to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow if he's found inside the city walls after sunset, or some such malarky like that.

To: Rich (RICARD00) 140 of 518
Does that mean I'm not the Messiah?
To: koswix 141 of 518
Excellent. I'm going to hold you to that.

{{Kos}}
To: ALL142 of 518

You Scots decide amongst yourselves. Quickly. In fact, here's a deadline:

The 23rd of September.

Decide by then if ye need to change the date. If you really need to, then we will.

But you each have to buy a round if you do.

To: Mouse 143 of 518
I agree wholeheartedly Mouse.
To: Mouse 144 of 518

I'd reallly rather change the date to a slightly later date when all the trains are running as normal. I've got a car, and could drive down if need be, but it makes funny noises when I turn right, and would mean logistics and driving, compared with logistics and sitting on a train, so I'd rather not.

Any weekend after the 20th is fine with me. What say everyone else?

Obviously, if there's going to be Canadians present, I'll make damn sure I'm there, and drag along as many Scottishes as I can, regardless of transport woes, but if we can sort out an alternative date that suits everyone, all the better.

Kos? Boff? Craig? Linn? Mouse? Manthrob? Everyone?