Teh GAME NITE

To: ALL1 of 44
Ok so I was thinking the other day that it's great fun when we forumites get together and converse and interact in real time at say teh Meats or indeed at the Tehme Park outings we sometimes go on.

However these don't happen very oftern and sometimes people can't make it or live in a different part of the country.
So I got to thinking what could we do to get more people together interacting at the same time.

and then like a John West Bear it hit me.....

GAMES NITE......

I would suggest to take place once a month either on the same night or on a randomly selected night each month.

Rules are quite simple

The choice of game can either by democratically chosen by the voting system or each member of teh forum gets to "Host" a games night and thus choose the game - This could be done by going down the unofficial hierachy or Matt first then the moderators... Or simply by who has posted the most number of threads or indeed posts and go down that way.

The game itself can be anything the host choses but it is strongly recommendedd that the host chose a game that allows the majourity to play, so older games from the Half Life era will run happily on most peoples PC's

If a game is required to by bought then the host should ensure said game is available at under the £10 (student friendly) price bracket.

Games that are donated by uncle Jim must only be used for games nite and then either deleted or purchased (As this is the right thing to do)

Practicing before Games Nite is allowed but any overt cheating during Games Nite will be refered to as "Doing a Trig" and that person will have no access to the Nachos and orange juice at the after Game party.

I propose the 1st Games Nite to occur on THURSDAY JULY 12th and that the honour of hosting the night goes to MATT.

What do you think?
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 2 of 44
I propose a REAL games night with MONOPOLY and ARTICULATE and SCATAGORIES (dance)
To: steve 3 of 44
And indeed when you're hosting you can play all those games. Do they come on multiplayer online versions?
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 4 of 44

I'd love that, multiplayer with people you know is so much more fun than with random people.

I used to love it when we had a CS clan and had matches twice a week, and I also used to love playing IL2 with Matt, Xen and a few others. IL2 was ace. I think pretty much everyone has HL2, HL2 deathmatch and CS Source.

When TF2 comes out we will have to get together everyone who has it and have some decent games of that.

To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 5 of 44
Wouldn't it make sense to have it at the weekend, so that non-UK people have more of an opportunity to play?

Oooh, and maybe another idea for it - split up into small teams and also do a league thing?
Could have a limit of ~four people per team, with [temporary] alliances for games needing more players per side?
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 6 of 44

This sounds pretty cool. Count me in.
I suck at FPS games though.

I think the first Unreal Tournament game would be fun.

Also, Settlers is a nice wee enjoyable game, or maybe some C&C?

To: ALL7 of 44
Happy to do weekend just thought people were more likely to want to go out drinking on the weekend
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 8 of 44
The good thing about weekends is that it could be Teh GAME AFTERNOON... which admittably doesn't have the same ring to it, but with the 5..8hr American time difference, it gives from ~4pm GMT onwards.

Of course, this is assuming that US/CA people do want to join in, but I think at least a couple probably will.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 9 of 44
I'm certainly up for it if I'm around. Poker, anyone? Or indeed, pokehim?
To: Manthorp 10 of 44
Poker! Like it nice idea
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 11 of 44

colin mcree dirt is good
Playable online with jim also.

CS:S would be good for old times sake
or IL2

To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 12 of 44
I still play CS:S :(
To: ALL13 of 44
I used to love the big games of IL2 we had back in the day.
To: PNCOOL 14 of 44
Then play Airfix Dogfighter; it's just like IL2.
(This may be a lie)
To: PNCOOL 15 of 44
IL-2 games were great fun, I never played another game online as much as that one. Trying to restart it could be 'interesting' given all the patches and data discs, unless that 1946 release ties it all up maybe?
To: milko 16 of 44
I've just got IL 1946 from my mate Jim, I think I still have the torrent.
To: ALL17 of 44
Can I play that with my 360 joypad or do I need a proper flying joystick thingy?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 18 of 44
I used to play Airfix Dogfighter quite a bit when it was out. It's nothing like IL-2 though, I mean you can't blow up a real airfield on there with crayola crayons.
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 19 of 44
You can do, sure. It might be a bit tricky (it's tricky on a proper joystick for a long time while you learn).
To: milko 20 of 44

I can see Fozza being the mid-air cannon fodder.

Oh and apparently IL-2 1946 contains every IL-2 game, expansion and patch (apart from the few patches after its release) in one DVD disc game, all together in one install.