March/May Meet with Matt & Mary

To: Ixion 21 of 23

What's wrong with taxis, you ask?

I live in a town of 12,000 (34,000 during the day since it is the hub for this area) and if you can manage to get a taxi within two hours, it will invariably be dangerously beat up and driven by some fat, smelly man reminiscent of Tyrone (the huge black bloke in "Snatch" who was the terrible getaway driver) but with much paler skin and greasy hair. The springs in the seat you will reluctantly sit on are all broken (you won't want to know WHY) and the entire seat seems as if it will come right out so that you sort of almost bounce back out. By the time you get home, the cost is so incredibly high that you're not sure you have the funds...you might just have to pay him some more so he can drive you to the ATM machine, first.

We have one bus, the "town bus", and it's about the size of a large van and does one small circuit around the town each hour during the day and is populated mainly by the physically and mentally ill and the elderly. If that weren't enough, the wheel-chair accessible ramp that folds into the back was engineered by a deaf person, evidently, since the constant banging of it alone would give you a headache if you weren't ill enough all ready from the stench of pee. (Okay, I'm exaggerating with the pee.)

America is not set up for good public transportation, except within the biggest cities. The corporations have too much power and those in the car business make too much money on car sales to care about much else.

To: funky (ISA) 22 of 23
Somehow, you mentioning Tyrone made me laugh so heartily that I'm now cleaning a few specks of water off my monitor. Thank you :')

edit:
quote:
Tyrone:
I didn't see it there.
Vinny:
It's a four-ton truck, Tyrone. It's not a Sosa packet of fu**ing peanuts, is it?
Tyrone:
It was at a funny angle.
Vinny:
It's behind you, Tyrone. Whenever you reverse things come from behind you.
EDITED: 7 Jan 2007 23:30 by NUKKLEAR
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) 23 of 23

You're mighty welcome.

I know people think Tyrone is one of the funniest in there, but my favorite moment is when Bricktop is offered sugar for his tea and he says, "No thank you. I'm sweet enough," or something like that.