Xmas Forum Northern Meat

To: ALL1 of 186

Almost as inevitable as Sainsbury's dusting off last year's crackers the day after bonfire night, but with the prospect of a much bigger bang (with me, natch).

When where who?

My new life as executive director/sole employee and assistant bottlewasher leaves my diary as flexible as a contortionist well-seasoned in linseed oil, so I'll leave the when, other than to say that the nearer to Christmas, the more festive; and Saturdays work better for me than Fridays owing to my artfag whoring at Private Views.

Leeds is always a pleasant and generally mutually convenient where, though York has teh pretties. Selfishly, Bradford would be great for me and we could stare in wonderment at my legacy to the city, the big screen opposite the Wetherspoons. We've never done Manchester or had a mass meat in Sheffield and it's been many years since we did Newcastle.

Who? Well, count me in. And I'll do any necessary bookings.

EDITED: 10 Nov 2006 01:44 by MANTHORP
To: Manthorp 2 of 186
I might break the habbit of a lifetime and try and come along. Leeds or (ideally) Newcastle would suit me best. Once you get to Sheffield/Manchester, that's a bit out of the way for me.
To: Manthorp 3 of 186
I'll try and get along in the latter part of a meat if it's on a Saturday. And I think the meat should be in Hebden Bridge so I don't have to walk far.
To: Manthorp 4 of 186
Needless to say, I'll probably be up for it, if the dog basket's free again. It'll depend on when it is, and my plans for December (which involve my Mum's birthday, another Canadian sojourn, and may or may not involve a sneaky dash to Barcelona at the start of the month)
Message 31146.5 was deleted
To: Manthorp 6 of 186

Count me in too and can I kip on your floor (or you can kip on mine if it's nearer to our house.

What about the cottage in Reeth for a forum meat?

16 bunks and 4 pubs within spitting distance, very bleak in December, weather-wise but would it matter?

To: Rich (RICARD00) 7 of 186
Nice idea. Bit of a pillock for teh carless, mind.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 8 of 186
I just told the dog you'd be shacking up with her. She wants to know whether your rash has cleared up yet.
To: Dave!! 9 of 186
Just blooming do it. Teh possie is always a charming mixture of the boisterous and effusive, the shy and retiring and every complexion of character in between. Some (me) get too drunk, some don't touch a drop, most make a pass at me in the bogs at some juncture.

It will change the way you think and feel towards life.
To: Mouse 10 of 186
quote:
...I think the meat should be in Hebden Bridge...

At least there would be plenty of bad dope. And anybody who fancied eating twig and hessian quiche would be in for a treat.
To: ALL11 of 186

Anyone care to pitch a date or two?

What about 16th?

<addendum> Although I've just read Milko say that if it was on teh 9th, he could make a Northern Meat, which would be highly groovy. </addendum>

EDITED: 9 Nov 2006 19:29 by MANTHORP
To: Manthorp 12 of 186

I'd love to come along and meet some of you chaps, but for the Atlantic Ocean. I've been to a bunch of internet meets, organising a good number of them and it's true that they "change the way you think and feel towards life".

I'm like the opposite of Trig, in that I count the people I talk with online as some of my closest acquaintances, so there's nothing like meeting up with them in real life for a chinwag. When I was in the UK I'd pop off all over the country to meet people but now it's rather more complicated that just jumping on a train.

Unfortunate, because I could do with something like this at the moment.

To: Manthorp 13 of 186
9th would suit me. The 16th is the day after 2 separate staff do's so I may be somewhat worse for wear.
To: spinning_plates 14 of 186
Maybe we should try to get online at some stage and virtually meat. You could buy some english beer and join us in our festive wazz.
To: Dave!! 15 of 186
Vote for 9th from Dave!!

Anyone else?
To: Manthorp 16 of 186
They do sell Bass at the local supermarket, I think.
Message 31146.17 was deleted
To: Manthorp 18 of 186

And following on from Greg's post, I can manage Leeds, York or Newcastle.

York aint bad as it's just 30 minutes on the train. Leeds is manageable, but the train journey is over an hour. Newcastle is also dead easy for me by train.

To: Manthorp 19 of 186

They should be more carful.

(It doesn't get any better than that!)

To: Manthorp 20 of 186
9th for me is fine!!