Half Life Deathmatch Fixtures & Results

To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 4 of 22
Well assuming everyone playing has HL2 why don't we just play that? If everyone is happy to.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 5 of 22

It's more "why not play HL1" which is a very different game. Just because we can play one game it doesn't mean some of us don't neccesarily want to play the other.

I'll happily play both.

To: Chris (CHRISSS) 6 of 22
From my poll everybody seems happy with HL2.

I've emailed Jolt already trying to get a server for just an evening, and asking if we can't do that - can we change a HL2:DM one to a CS:S one once we're done, as then we can have a few forum games there over that month.

If anyone has a FAT UPLOAD PIPE :Y they could always look at hosting. I probably couldn't :(
To: steve 7 of 22
I don't have a fat upload pipe yet :(
To: steve 8 of 22

Has anyone played anyone?
I haven't played a single forlympics game.

To: Wayne (SCOREZ2000) 9 of 22
No one has in HL:DM, no. But we need to organise that and get everybody together and find a server.

Lots of people have played other games though, and I have won all but my chess one :(
To: steve 10 of 22

But I voted happy with 1 & 2. Which doesn't mean I don't want to play 1 :(

Like if I voted I'm happy to play gofl & literati, it doesn't mean I don't want to play gofl.

Not really complaining though. But those of us who want to play 1 maybe should. As if there isn't already enough to organise.

<STFUs>

To: dyl 11 of 22
Could have two completely seperate games (and seperate leaguethings) - I was going on the basis that we were only going to play one or the other: as everybody doesn't have both.

I'd quite like to play 1 too, just at the moment it seems more in favour of 2. If it ends up that we play both, I will definetly put myself down for both.

I hope I didn't annoy Jolt was saying "Like Barrybookables :D" in my email :$
To: steve 12 of 22

Well cool then. HL1 duels would be fun. I have a couple of lovely maps to play, though I'd have to play last to give everyone else a chance to get used to them, as I've been playing them for years.

I didn't understand your last sentence at all.

To: dyl 13 of 22
Yay! I'd wonder what people would think about actually renting a server with Jolt - a lot of people seem to play HL:x and CS:S online.

On BarrysWorld what the PCF/Teh clan used to use (WHEN I WAS CLAN LEADER :Y), you had BarryBookable servers - when you could book 1/2 hour slots on the servers. Rather than Jolt - where you buy a server for a month :C

But my wording was quite shite to, eh?
To: steve 14 of 22
I can leave my computer running for you guys to use over the weekend while I'm not around if you like. For some reason multiple dedicated servers doesn't work properly but I can set it to HL2: DM and sort you out with an Rcon password. I have a fast internet connection, upload is 768k, but I guess that might get full? If you manage to tax a dual core 64bit CPU with 2Gb of RAM though you're doing something wrong!
To: Ixion 15 of 22
Haha, awesome! I'm not sure what kind of upstream we need to be honest; apparently 10 people have signed up to play!
To: steve 16 of 22
Shat, I forgot to download HL2. Bit too late now.
To: ALL17 of 22
Right, I was on that server for 15 minutes. Only Daveballs showed up, and I killed him with my rocket launcher which I'd found while waiting. I therefore declare that everybody else forfeits, and Burkina Faso wins gold (me) and silver (Daveballs, because it's taking part that counts). Bronze can fuck off because it's a shit metal.
To: THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE) 18 of 22
Sounds fair enough to me, I did notice Daveballs had a ping of 3700 odd which can't have helped though. No commitment these "athletes". I bet they were all off their heads on smack.
To: Ixion 19 of 22

My wife was talking to me and I made Steam go :& somehow. I went back, and no one was there. We win. I get an award for looking after the server so well.

And, I didn't even need to cheat.

To: Dave 20 of 22
You should sort her out, shouldn't she be in the kitchen washing up or something rather than talking to you when you're trying to play games? (only joking Andra!)
To: Dave 21 of 22
Hurrah for Burkina Faso!

Et une seule nuit a rassemblée en elle
L'histoire de tout un peuple.
Et une seule nuit a déclenché sa marche triomphale
Vers l'horizon du bonheur.
Une seule nuit a réconcilié notre peuple
Avec tous les peuples du monde,
A la conquête de la liberté et du progrès
La patrie ou la mort, nous vaincrons.
To: Ixion 22 of 22
Goddamn right.