Forum Update 18th July

To: ALL1 of 16
What has changed:

• New ban check for HTTP referrer.
  • New ban controls for Admins.
  • New detailed prompts for Admins when clicking IP addresses in posts.
  • Options to manage the unread messages cutoff in admin_default_forum_settings.php
  • HTTP Referrer code for session initialisation and user registration means Admins can now see where new users came from.
  • Forum owner can now set the cutoff period for unread messages or disable them totally.
  • Javascript code to resize images larger than the message pane width and add overflow to posts.
  • Guests don't use any of the USER_* tables anymore which means massive performance increases!

What's been fixed since last update (15th June):

• Links in Edit Signature were being stripped of their anchor tags.
  • You were sometimes prompted (popup) more than once for the same PM you just received.
  • Prevented guests from spoofing the thread list to get it to load thread types they can't view.
  • Guests were able to see folders and posts they didn't have access to.
  • Ban check wasn't being applied to guests

My personal favourite bug of the month:

• Fixed an error with the errorhandler (more ironic than having 10,000 spoons ... )

Issues you may encounter:

• As mentioned elsewhere, some messages may reappear as unread or un-ignored or no longer high interest.

Any problems or suggestions or bugs you know what to do.
To: Matt 2 of 16

Well done Matt, it is certainly very very quick and very much appreciated.

Thanks.

To: Matt 3 of 16
You sir, as always, rock to an incredibly excessive degree! :D
To: Matt 4 of 16
Oh that is nice, on first glance. Not sure how to easily test the referrer-ban stuff but in the meantime it looks the business.
To: Matt 5 of 16
That referrer feature's well tidy. Damn good show.
To: Matt 6 of 16
Ta Matt. Rowan owes you a blow job on behalf of us all.
To: Matt 7 of 16
good jazz as per! If you click mark-message-as-unread though:

quote:
Unknown error [2] Missing argument 4 for messages_set_read()

Unknown error in line 1380 of file messages.inc.php
To: Matt 8 of 16

Good stuff!

One thing: On the start page thread list, new (completely unread) threads are now showing up with a dot beside them, rather than the unread message Bee.

To: Matt 9 of 16
Not sure if this is related to the appearing unread thing, but both lforums.php and forums.php are showing:
quote:
458368 Unread Messages (6 Unread "To: Me")

But I've got no unread messages, To:me or otherwise.

Had a look at the source, but I haven't got the latest version and I can't remember my new sourceforge password. I'm guessing that whatever was changed for the thread_list function(s) needs to be implemented for the get_my_forums() function in /includes/myforums.inc.php too.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 10 of 16

Hows that now?

The number of messages / unread messages should be working properly now but I'm not entirely sure about the unread "to: me" (or you) messages you're seeing. That bit is worked out exactly the same as the thread view selection so either it's a fluke or something is wrong with the database or you do have some unread messages addressed to you which you possibly can't access anymore because the folder has been deleted or hidden or whatever.

To: Matt 11 of 16
It's possible there's some hidden/deleted messages to me, but they'd have to have been created then deleted/hidden within a fairly short timespan (ie: a matter of days) otherwise I'd be surprised if I missed them.

Just went to have another look and got this error:
quote:
Unknown error [1109]

Unknown table 'THREAD' in where clause

SELECT COUNT(POST.PID) AS UNREAD_TO_ME FROM DEFAULT_POST POST LEFT JOIN DEFAULT_USER_PEER USER_PEER ON (USER_PEER.UID = 454 AND USER_PEER.PEER_UID = POST.FROM_UID) WHERE THREAD.FID IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,16,20,22,23,24) AND POST.TO_UID = 454 AND POST.VIEWED IS NULL AND ((USER_PEER.RELATIONSHIP & 8) = 0 OR USER_PEER.RELATIONSHIP IS NULL) AND ((USER_PEER.RELATIONSHIP & 2) = 0 OR USER_PEER.RELATIONSHIP IS NULL)

Unknown error in line 130 of file db_mysql.inc.php
EDITED: 7 Aug 2006 17:19 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 12 of 16
.... Now ?
To: Matt 13 of 16
Zero unread (which is correct) and 6 to:me still.
(edit: And updates to one when there is one; good.)

Are there any top secret hidden folders which I don't have access to but someone might have posted at me from? I can see the following:
quote:
Teh Forum
General
Software
Ranter's Corner
Technical
Online Gaming
Games
Coding
Hardware
Forum Projects
War & Politics
Idle Chit Chat
Beehive Development
Beehive Support
Music & Film
TEST STUFF HERE
News
Sanatorium
EDITED: 7 Aug 2006 17:50 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 14 of 16
There's the "We hate P"....er I mean, "We Like PB" folder.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 15 of 16

<queries database directly>

msg:16937.31
msg:16937.33
msg:16937.75
msg:16937.81
msg:16937.82
msg:29349.5

</qdd>

Those are messages to you that are unread. It looks like some kind of database problem (that has probably since been fixed) as you have read other messages posted after those listed above in both the affected threads.

I've made a change to the unread to me query that means you should be able to see them in the thread list now but I'm not sure if it's going to cause any other problems. If you notice any oddness shout.

To: Matt 16 of 16
Bizarre. What you did worked though - was able to find them with unread to:me, reread them, and now myforums is reporting everything ok.

No oddness so-far; will let you know if anything develops.

Thanks! :)