Forum Update 19th April

To: ALL1 of 10

What has changed:

Added Export option to PMs. You can configure the export from My Controls.
Added View Count to thread titles tooltip.

I've also fixed various other bugs reported here and on the SF.net tracker.

Some stuff in the background can track how long each user session is active for but the data is not yet displayed anywhere because I'm working out where would be best to put it.

Any problems or suggestions or bugs to report reply here.

That is all.

To: Matt 2 of 10

<archives>

<sees how many times things have been viewed>

smart!

This user session active for thing. What's it for? People can see how long people were here for? Admin thing then, right? Pondering.

To: milko 3 of 10

I was thinking about extending the Post Stats page in Admin to a more comprehensive Forum Stats which would include Post Stats, Thread View Stats, User Session Stats and all the stuff down there at the bottom of the message pane.

Another plan was to also have it all go somewhere where it can be viewed and used by all users or at the very least have it so that the Admin can generate a stats display which is viewable by the users but not updatable.

Either way it'll end up on it's own page rather than at the bottom of the message pane which means less clutter and ultimately less views which which means it doesn't update itself as often which means the number of hits against the database will go down further.

To: Matt 4 of 10
Sounds good. I like the idea of a stats page for everyone thing.
To: Matt 5 of 10
You are a marvel.
To: milko 6 of 10
quote:
This user session active for thing. What's it for?

The Nefarious Ends of the Diabolical Police State!

<is tied in a sack and bundled into a black van />
To: Matt 7 of 10
Thank you very much Matt.
To: Matt 8 of 10

this isn't a bug report - but something you've just reminded me of.

I was looking at an import export thing over the weekend. By coincidence, i had to nick the PMA one for something at work last week, which was a head start.

Anyhow ... i prodded it for a while with a view to beehive, but all of them use loops - which suprised me, and which i believe you advised was a bad idea. And i believe you.

So dead end.

To: Sulkpot 9 of 10
Goodness me where have you been. A labour camp in Siberia possibly?
To: Matt 10 of 10
The "viewed" part is wikky! I haven't tried the PM export option, but then I haven't got any PMs to export anyway. Nice one though! :D